+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Same living with one for 6 years.

I get "oh your so lucky he vacuums etc etc etc"

Yeah but he also gets all "wtf is this on the floor for?!" All. The. Time.

I'm NOT tidy by nature. So my tips are:

1. Have set days for set cleaning activities. So like Friday is laundry day - I do a load here and there through the week but I do dfs work clothes (Friday is casual day) sheets & towels then I put them away over the weekend. Monday I do the fridge and pantry clean out & Tuesday I grocery shop etc etc etc.

2. 20 min *blitz* if the house is trashed. Its amazing what 20 minutes of full speed - break a sweat - cleaning can achieve. Just one or two rooms. Feels really good if it's just getting on top of me because no matter what I can stop in 20 minutes so it's less like going "ugh I'm going to be cleaning AALLLLLL daayyyyyy"

3. Yup clean as you go. Haha. Oh I'm so bad at this. Hence No 2. But I try.

4. Everything has a place. And if it doesn't find a place or throw it out.

5. I tidy before I leave the house. Because otherwise I get home and it's messy and I cbfed because I just got home.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    100 % agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How to become a clean freak?!?

Boobycino - a good 20 minute blitz can really make a huge difference. I often do one when DD is whingy. It's a time out for both of us. I work out my annoyance on the mess and she gets some time to wind down and realise it's better not to make mummy clean

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: How to become a clean freak?!?

Lol before we had kids Df knew it was time to worry if I went and folded washing after a disagreement. Meant I was ****ED OFF!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to become a clean freak?!?

Loving All these tips ladies.. I too "try" to tidy as I go like when I leave the room take something to put away but it never happens!!

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    One aussie site for you girls....
    * The organised housewife dot com - she has a great 20 day challenge

An american site too...
    * orgjunkie dot com - she has great tips on de-cluttering and general organisation

My tip...
    Start reading the website until inspired - then GO DO SOMETHING in your house! Come back later for more inspiration

Thanks
    Reviews
    If money permits - buy some flash storage systems for toys, shoes etc. It makes you more inclined to use it if you paid money for it!

My tip is to fold washing as it comes off the line in groups as to where it goes, so DD's clothes go in starting with the bottom drawer at the bottom of the basket (the furthest clothes receptical in the house from the clothes line), and upwards depending on where in the house the item goes. Then just walk with the basket through the house and put away immediately. Any thing that needs ironing goes on a hanger in the wardrobe until it needs to be ironed - voila - no washing piles around the place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get the morning rush over and done with and then I put on a load of washing and do all my housework in less than an hour,

If I don't do it first thing in the morning everyone seems to think it's alright to add to the mess that's already there from breakfast and what not.

I also make sure things get cleaned as soon as they need to be or everything just piles up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have a great vacuum .. Clean everyday so you stay on top if things .. I do maybe an hour each day .. Very easy !!