+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Yes or no I cnt decide

K so I've got 2 gorgeous healthy kids 2 &4 yrs I've got hypothyroidism (hashimotos) so since having my second I got it I hav been trying since June and just had my second mc this week was told by ob to go on clomid aspirin and folic acid then once preg on progesterone but I'm not really wanting to take clomid as its risks are not ones I want so I'm kinda like do I hav another one or not ppl who hav 3 are u glad u had 3 or is anyone in same mind set as me yes no yes no yes I just dnt want to regret not having another later when it be harder to conceive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't tell you if you should have another baby or not but I can tell you that I am also a sufferer of Hashimoto's. I don't know what problems you think Clomid bring, but my current pregnancy is a Clomid baby. I fell pregnant earlier this year and had a missed miscarriage at 6+2 due to undiagnosed Hashimoto's (my antibodies were attacking my little embryo). I was put on Thyroxine for the Hashi's, Clomid due to below average progesterone readings and I was also put on baby aspirin to help with blood clotting. I also used a progesterone cream in the first 7 weeks of my pregnancy. I conceived on cycle number 2 with the Clomid and now at almost 11 weeks, everything is going great.

Don't let Clomid stop you. It's a great fertility med which I am so grateful for and although there is a risk of twins, I would hardly call twins a risk.

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ditto pretty much everything FTM has posted above. I was diagnosed with hyothyroidism (hashimotos, nearly 15 ((())) years ago) and have been on thyroxine since. We've always taken longer than usual to fall with our bubs but only started loosing pregnancies when we started TTC for our fourth.

This bub is a clomid, cardioprin (asprin) and crinone (progesterone) baby. And I wouldn't have it any other way! Yes, there is increased risk of twins and issues with clomid but only you can make that decision sorry. For us, it was worth it.

Someone once said to me it's not the baby you have that you regret, it's the one/s you didn't have that you sometimes miss the most.

Best of luck with your decision.

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks ladies for your response I know ill hav another but they said its 1 in 7 % chance of twins I believe it is a blessing to hav one baby twins or more is bonus just not for me I'm a one bub at a time mum lol I will be taking the aspirin and progesterone too.
    Can I also ask
    1. Did ur ob give u scans to check how many follicles u were producing at time of clomid
    2. Hav u conceived just one bub on it?
    3. How long has it taken on clomid to fall preg and what level mg are u on?

I can't hold a preg longer then 5 wks but I dnt get why she won't get me to use the progesterone before conceiving and while trying

Thanks
    Reviews

Progesterone is a hormone made by the ovaries after ovulation, which helps maintain a pregnancy. If you take it early in the cycle, it can trick your body into not ovulating at all, and is used this way as a contraceptive (mini pill). Plus the most effective way for pregnancy maintainance is a pessary or a gel into the vagina, and it is very expensive (mine is over $100 a week). From memory, I has to start mine 3 days after ovulation and then continue to blood test. Looks like this time it will be into the 30+ weeks.
    Good luck! It looks like there are a few ladies here that have been where you are too. I hope it all goes well :-)