+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I must be in the SAHM minority because i get a least a couple of hours of 'spare' time most days & have done since DD was a newborn & this is after the house is scrubbed spotless, DD is bathed, fed, had play time etc. I know this sounds like bragging but i'm honestly not, & i know everyone's circumstances/babies are different but is it really that difficult to find an hour each day for yourself ? without sacrificing a reasonably clean house etc ?
    Well lucky you.
    I had babies who didn't sleep well and once DD2 was born an hour to myself was rare (if she did sleep, DD1 was still awake and she was so difficult at night that as soon as she did sleep i had to sleep too or else i'd never sleep).
    So yeah, it can really be that difficult.
    I get time to myself each day now my kids are older but once number 3 pops out i highly doubt i will for some time.
    As for having the house scrubbed spotless as well... yeah not my house and i spend a good chunk of the day cleaning too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (02-11-2012),Purple Lily  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    i know everyone's circumstances/babies are different but is it really that difficult to find an hour each day for yourself ? without sacrificing a reasonably clean house etc ?
    Yep it is incredibly hard but I have 6 kids (only 5 at home but can spend hours on the phone with dd1 helping her out). So yes it is hard. I normally do my Zumba with one rolling around the floor, another telling me I am doing it wrong, another showing there plane/car, yet another one or 2 need homework help or wanting food/drinks etc.. and of course the phone ringing, the washing machine endless beeping, I could go on forever.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What to do when you have an hour to spare

Part of me would love a *big* family. We always talked about 4 but as much as I adore katelyn and she is the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen (not that I'm bias haha) she's put us off babies 3 & 4. Omg. Any baby that makes jasper seem like an "easy baby" by comparison deserves a medal :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What to do when you have an hour to spare

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Yep it is incredibly hard but I have 6 kids (only 5 at home but can spend hours on the phone with dd1 helping her out). So yes it is hard. I normally do my Zumba with one rolling around the floor, another telling me I am doing it wrong, another showing there plane/car, yet another one or 2 need homework help or wanting food/drinks etc.. and of course the phone ringing, the washing machine endless beeping, I could go on forever.....
    I had a good lol reading this one, bet you don't know what to with yourself if get the odd "quiet" afternoon! I've always hated silence but since having my second I've really learnt to appreciate it!

My spare time is after 8pm some days I just go to the bathroom and take a long hot shower all by myself with no little ppl in the bathroom lol
    Other evenings I clean I rarely get to do the things I'd like to.

Thanks
    Reviews

Chuck on my bikini and lay in the sun!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, it's a HUGE win if both sleep at the same time. I do a little dance and grin from ear to ear. Then promptly pass out for the 30 minutes of silence they are offering me.

I have 'free time', but it's not really free time. My kids play independently from me, so I set up activities, break up fist fights and feed them. We play games together, but they really don't like hanging out with me all day and quite like doing their own thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I must be in the SAHM minority because i get a least a couple of hours of 'spare' time most days & have done since DD was a newborn & this is after the house is scrubbed spotless, DD is bathed, fed, had play time etc. I know this sounds like bragging but i'm honestly not, & i know everyone's circumstances/babies are different but is it really that difficult to find an hour each day for yourself ? without sacrificing a reasonably clean house etc ?
    Yes it's very hard. DD will only sleep in arms, and DH is out alot at work or gym etc.
    Plus I'm breastfeeding. She's a really good baby but a snuggler so it makes it hard.

Thanks
    Reviews

Uhhhh...if i read this aprox 18mths ago i would prob be in tears lol Some people find it VERY hard to find a free hour for themselves in a day. My dd as a newborn only did 30min sleep cycles night and day for the first 6mths of her life. I didnt care about housework i just wanted to sleep...and i couldnt! EEEKKKKKK!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah it's a bit insensitive
    At my mothers group one girl was crying coz her baby would only sleep for 40 mins at a time. And all her friends with new babies were bragging about what good peaceful babies they had. Which just made her feel worse.

I'm currently on the lounge feeding my baby to sleep and I haven't even eaten since breakfast. It's 8pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What to do when you have an hour to spare

I was quite lucky with ds1 - he was such an easy baby. Then dd came along and has been clingy ever since. She is 4 and can't/wont entertain herself. Someone always has to play with her. Ds2 is kind of easy - not as easy as ds1, but not as difficult as dd.
    Last week when dd was at kindy I sat outside with the junk mail and a coffee and just relaxed for the first time in ages. Ds2 was happy, he was playing in the dirt. It feels like I havn't relaxed since she was born and it felt good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub