+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Waste of money IMO, I just use a $5 kmart flip top bin and I use nappy sacks for poos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    I think it's gross to throw poo in the bin. If it sits in the outside bin all week it will attract maggots surely, which are filthy argh...! I flush the cat poo and baby poo..
    Ah well, if you have a nappy bin then it will sit in the nappy bin (tightly wrapped and odour free) for a few days and THEN go into the outside bin.

And then, because it's all wrapped up and sealed in the plastic from the nappy bin, it doesn't smell, and there are no maggots.

TBH, I can't even get my head around changing DD's nappy, putting it to one side (??), getting her down off the change table, carrying her and the poo nappy to the toilet, scraping off the poo (assuming I have put her down somewhere at this point), then wrapping it up and putting it in an outdoor bin. I think I would have had to TT her by the age of 2 days

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Ah well, if you have a nappy bin then it will sit in the nappy bin (tightly wrapped and odour free) for a few days and THEN go into the outside bin.

And then, because it's all wrapped up and sealed in the plastic from the nappy bin, it doesn't smell, and there are no maggots.

TBH, I can't even get my head around changing DD's nappy, putting it to one side (??), getting her down off the change table, carrying her and the poo nappy to the toilet, scraping off the poo (assuming I have put her down somewhere at this point), then wrapping it up and putting it in an outdoor bin. I think I would have had to TT her by the age of 2 days
    I cloth diaper. (Have a closed bin next to the change table)

I don't put my own poo in the bin so wouldn't do it for any other human or animal. Just my way though, we all do things differently:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's gross to throw poo in the bin. If it sits in the outside bin all week it will attract maggots surely, which are filthy argh...! I flush the cat poo and baby poo..
    Before switching to cloth nappies I didnt empty the poo (there is NO way my sons NOT SOLID, runny poo would come off) but I only ever got maggots if the things werent in properly sealed bags (dp ****es me off as he would just dump it in the bin despite me telling him to nappy sack it first)

I also bin the cat litter, I wish I had a better alternative as I HATE the fact that my kitties make 2 bags of garbage a week but flushing is a BAD idea as the litter will clog your loo (even just the few small pieces stuck to the poop add up over time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't put my own poo in the bin so wouldn't do it for any other human or animal. Just my way though, we all do things differently:
    I would if I wore nappies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I would if I wore nappies
    Lol lets not start a spinoff.. !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Kirby star sorry just saw your post u can put some of the cat littler in your garden as it absorbs and holds water almost acting the same as those water saving granules

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow what did mums do before these new nappy bins were invented??
    I think it's all down to personal preference same as cloth vs disposable.
    I think there's a lot of stuff for babies that we don't actually need but which can make life easier, so if you think it will be easier for you to have a nappy bin then go for it. I have no experience yet as I'm pregnant with first bub, and we plan to use modern cloth nappies so won't buy a special nappy bin.

As far as animal poo goes, we clean up the dog poo by wrapping it in newspaper layers first, then put that in the plastic bag from the kitchen bin once it's nearly full & then it goes straight into wheelie bin to be emptied

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

I had one and used it way more then I thought I would. But a car freshner thing in the bottom before you put the bin liner and it never smells. You can buy them second hand pretty cheap.
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub