+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waste of money! I bought one and never got it out of the box, ended up selling it on eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

I honestly don't think I'd use it with disposable..

I use cloth nappys and an old school bucket, always empty the **** in the toilet though, don't want it stinking up my house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think the easiest way to get rid of the smell without running to the wheelie bin each time, without buying a Nappy Bin and without resorting to cloth is simple...

Tip any poo into the toilet, flush. Wrap the nappy up tightly, securing it with its straps. Place in an individual scented nappy bag. Place in normal, cheap, lidded bin.

For us, this was the same level of smell as using the nappy bin to begin with, just a LOT cheaper.
    Thing is, that's less convenient than what I currently do.

I really don't want to scrape poo off nappies. That adds an extra step with a big yuck factor. I also find shoving everything in the nappy bin without wrapping first to be most convenient, quicker, and easier.

I agree nappy bins cost a bit more, but I'm happy to pay it for what I find to be less messy / simpler.

Each to their own.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they're a waste of money, i have a friend who's got one and it literally stinks of dirty nappies even when its emptied.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thing is, that's less convenient than what I currently do.

I really don't want to scrape poo off nappies. That adds an extra step with a big yuck factor.
    I agree there.
    When I worked in daycare we had twins in cloth nappies and I had to flush the poo and that memory scarred me for life Lol when I had DS it was poo in nappy, fold the nappy and BE GONE POO!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

You do realize that legally you are supposed to flush poo even with disposables right? Fecal matter is not meant to go in the rubbish, it's meant to be flushed. Ask any council. Plastic materials aside, it's not cool to send poo to the tip for someone else to deal with. It's really not hard to flush it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijibaby2013 View Post
    You do realize that legally you are supposed to flush poo even with disposables right? Fecal matter is not meant to go in the rubbish, it's meant to be flushed. Ask any council. Plastic materials aside, it's not cool to send poo to the tip for someone else to deal with. It's really not hard to flush it.
    What about the poo explosions? What are we supposed to do with pet poo? I bag that and put it in the bin. Are we technically supposed to flush pet poo too? If so, why arent there public toilets in every dog park for owners to collect and flush?

Honest questions because now I am curious.

Thanks
    Reviews

Pet poo is different I believe because it doesn't carry the same potential for serious diseases that human waste does.

For explosive poo I can usually still tip most of it out, I may grab a handful of toilet paper to scrape the rest off.

Not saying its not gross cause it is, lol.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fijibaby2013 View Post
    You do realize that legally you are supposed to flush poo even with disposables right?
    A claim often made on here. Can you please provide proof?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Actually on second thought pet poo is probably just as bad and should be flushed too.