+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Waste of money for sure!!!! Scented nappy bags in the other hand are very useful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Man, all this hate for the nappy wrapper! I guess it's up to me to single handedly destroy to environment with my kids disposable nappies and my excessive bagging of said nappies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We keep a pedal bin with a tight lid by the change table lined with a garbage bag. Wet nappies go straight in and pooey ones go in a nappy sack first. We empty into the outside bin every two days or so.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Man, all this hate for the nappy wrapper! I guess it's up to me to single handedly destroy to environment with my kids disposable nappies and my excessive bagging of said nappies.
    I havent read any replies except the ones on this page. Dont worry WineTime, I helped you there.

I never used one. I changed the nappy, plastic bagged it and put it straight into the outside bin. Sometimes if it was a wet one that wasnt totally drenched, I would just close it up with the velcro tabs (if you've done it you know what I mean) and chuck it straight into the outside bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I used to put the nappy in a bag, then in the nappy wrapper, which would then get emptied into a bin bag then put into the bin.

I also use an alarming amount of ziplock bags and gladwrap though so im a pretty evil person.

I have started recycling, though!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    LOL! Not one person has said anything about excess waste in terms of the environment. Methinks you have your own special hang up about that. No need to take it out on others

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Eko  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    LOL! Not one person has said anything about excess waste in terms of the environment. Methinks you have your own special hang up about that. No need to take it out on others

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Yeah...I was joking...and also making fun of myself for using so much stuff re: nappies, plastic bags etc.

Sarcasm doesn't always come out clearly in my posts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

I had one with my first daughter and am only recently pregnant with second and I'll be getting another saves your whole house from smelling or late night run to the outside bin that and a wipes warmer those things get cold at 1am and bub Dont like it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I've never tried those, but I didn't think they'd be as good on the smell front as nappy bins. With nappy bins the individual nappies/ wipes are usually sealed off so that when you open the bin you can't see (or strongly smell) any other nappies. The thought of opening a big pail full of yucky nappies is less appealing to me.

Most nappy bins either put twists of plastic between each nappy to separate them, or have a sort of clamping entry system so that you can't see or smell them (much).
    Agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think the easiest way to get rid of the smell without running to the wheelie bin each time, without buying a Nappy Bin and without resorting to cloth is simple...

Tip any poo into the toilet, flush. Wrap the nappy up tightly, securing it with its straps. Place in an individual scented nappy bag. Place in normal, cheap, lidded bin.

For us, this was the same level of smell as using the nappy bin to begin with, just a LOT cheaper.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

feelinglucky  (04-11-2012),Happy2be3  (04-11-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast