+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Waste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Well I still use mine (baby shower gif t) however I never bought any more cartridges as they are expensive! Such a waste of money. So I'm just using it as an ordinary bin with a shopping bag as the bin liner.

So any waste paper bin or kitchen tidy bin with a lid would suffice!

I wish someone out there would make cheap aftermarket liner cartridges for them...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

I don't have one and don't need one as you can buy the scented nappy bags, just chuck the dirty nappy in there, tie it up and throw it in a regular bin in the laundry (or other room you can close) until you can go and throw it out in the garbage bin.

They are just another invention to get you to spend money on something that's not necessary (as with other baby items!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Not essential but I don't think they're a waste. Like others my outside bin is visible from street so I'm not going out there all hours and with dogs who scavenge the kitty litter I'm not leaving them accessible to them. I love mine and only empty around twice a week. No smell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For those who don't want to go outside all the time (who would?)... What's wrong with a pail with lid or a regular bin on laundry or similar?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (03-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    waste of money if you ask me, nappies for baby for 2 - 3 yrs are expensive enough!! I save the plastic bags that are used to bag the fruit n veg, stick nappy in that and into wheelie bin

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    For those who don't want to go outside all the time (who would?)... What's wrong with a pail with lid or a regular bin on laundry or similar?
    Yeah exactly this. When we use sposies they go in a bin in the laundry with a tight fitting lid, same as wipes. Cost about $3 probably.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Absolute waste.

I took the special lid off and just used it as a normal bin in the end. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies! I ended up just getting a regular bin that I'll empty daily. With all the money I've spent lately this seemed like an expense I could do without!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I've never tried those, but I didn't think they'd be as good on the smell front as nappy bins. With nappy bins the individual nappies/ wipes are usually sealed off so that when you open the bin you can't see (or strongly smell) any other nappies. The thought of opening a big pail full of yucky nappies is less appealing to me.

Most nappy bins either put twists of plastic between each nappy to separate them, or have a sort of clamping entry system so that you can't see or smell them (much).

And if you're talking about putting them in individual nappy sacks and then into a bin - well that seems a bit pointless. I find nappy sacks a bit more fiddly than throwing nappies/ wipes straight into a bin, and I feel like it's a bit more wasteful (to use nappy sacks).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast