+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Im curious to hear peoples opinions on this. I've had mothers tell me that they've been the best investment they ever made, yet I've had others, who admittedly had their children some years ago, tell me that they are a waste of money. What's been your experience or opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I never bought one... seemed like a waste of money. It's something you can easily do without.

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't have one myself but 3 friends/family members had them and have all told me they are a waste of money and never got used again after the first bag cartridge thing ran out.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Waste of money. I actually just found it a lot easier to walk the nappy out to the bin after change was completed and be done with it. No double handling (put in first bin, when that is full put in outside bin) and no smells in the house to worry about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved mine and will use it again. But in no way is it an essential item. You could manage perfectly well (and cheaper) without it.

I still emptied mine twice a day anyway because im finicky, but I also like containers and gadgets which is why I liked using it I think.
    Last edited by WineTime; 02-11-2012 at 11:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just used the sacks and took them to the outside bin, even just wet ones. I have a funny thing about nappies inside, I just think it's gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the price of the refils are a joke. Bag it and take the nappy out to the wheelie bin. What's the big deal?!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I absolutely LOVED my first one (Diaper Nanny) but the canisters stopped being sold in Aus. I could have used normal garbage bags but I didn't think of it at the time.
    Not long after I bought an Angelcare one and it was TERRIBLE. Cumbersome, wasteful, and I think I only used it for a week before it went into storage. I'm still waiting to get around to getting rid of it.

I will be getting a Diaper Champ this time around because you can use normal bags. I absolutely loved that I could just pop the nappies into the bin next to the table and empty it at the end of the day. It didn't use as much plastic as a wrap style one (the bags were basically a long tube of plastic that you tied at the bottom and the top as you filled it. Far less wastage) and it didn't smell AT ALL.

Quick clean once a week with White King to stop it from getting pongy inside and that was it. BEST non-essential thing I ever bought for the nursery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

Waste of money and space you could use for something else.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nappy bins, essential item or waste of money?

I love my one and couldn't live without it. It is one that uses regular bin liner bags, so cheap as, unlike the cassette style ones. I empty it twice a week with one bub.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub