+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meeting new people

Hi everyone,

i was just wondering how people are finding meeting new people in groups once they have their baby. Is there a great website you go on. Are you finding it difficult to locate websites etc? what are some good ones.

Thank you for your replies in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been to your local Child Health Centre? In our area they organise mothers group meetings starting when you bubs is around 6 weeks old. They are held at the centre for the first few weeks and then the mums start to organise it themselves. They would also have loads of information on other things in your local area that you could attend, like library story time, or music classes or playgroups etc.

Maybe try facebook too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try meetup.com.au. Another hubber recommended it and says she is very social these days

You'll need to google the address- this is wrong
    Last edited by BbBbBh; 06-11-2012 at 07:25.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehats View Post
    Have you been to your local Child Health Centre? In our area they organise mothers group meetings starting when you bubs is around 6 weeks old. They are held at the centre for the first few weeks and then the mums start to organise it themselves. They would also have loads of information on other things in your local area that you could attend, like library story time, or music classes or playgroups etc.

Maybe try facebook too?
    I second this as an idea. I joined a group exactly like this and 7 of us still catch up every week, I can't recommend it high enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've met a few people off BH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a mothers group that was linked with my community health centre and I'm still in touch weekly with some of the girls in my group 2 1/2 years later they had their first child within the same month as mine and now majority of us have our 2nd child. So playdates are lots of fun.

If you have missed the boat with a mothers group as its usually when your babies is within 12 weeks, you can find a group on Playgroup Australia although ages varies. I've just found one that we go weekly to and its great and have structured play sessions of craft, morning tea, story time and singing, excusions etc http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au...3AD7270350FF7D

Thanks
    Reviews

I found a mothers group through a new parents class at my local health care clinic. The class ran for six weeks and it was great because all the bubs were around the same age and we have kept meeting up ever since and a few more people have joined over time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for replying. i am going to give those websites/places a go. you've all been a great help