+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    dh was quite impressed me not so much.
    our oldest boy has known for a while and our other boy has finally twigged to whats going on. but our girl nope havent really explained to her yet. i'm still going around . waiting for the 20th april so i can find out if they are boys/girls/one of each.

im freaking out as i dont know whether to try naturally or just go for the c/s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quite a shock for us! It's was 3 days after I got my BFP. Went to A&E for pains similar to what I experienced with a kidney infection I'd had a few weeks prior. They did a scan on my kidneys and when the Tech saw that they were all fine, she asked if I had had a scan for my pregnancy. I said no so she decided to look there just to make sure all was fine. We saw the 2 sacs straight away
    DH had a massive grin on his face as soon as the Tech said "it appears to be the early stages of a twin pregnancy - I was gobsmacked
    I was roughly 5w 4d and we couldn't see any embryos at that stage. We had to wait another 2 weeks to confirm they were both viable - longest 2 weeks ever!
    Everything was perfect at that next scan and here we are 2 and a bit years later happy and healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is a little off topic, but at how many weeks gestation were everyone's twins born and by what means, ie. natural or cs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great question Im interested as well I have been meaning to ask! Im going to try and have our girls naturally. If my pregnancy continues to be this easy I should be fine to go ahead. Only 2-4 weeks left :O

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My two cooked were born by emergency c-section at 35+4. I was admitted to hospital at 34+6 as I was contracting but not in labour and they found protein in my urine. 35w I was diagnosed with toxaemia and was told we were aiming for 36+4 but my body would dictate how far along we got. 4 days later and it was time. Twin A was breech so it was automatically a Caesar. Had he been head down they would have induced and given me a go at a natural birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out at my NT scan last week. What a surprise! It looks like one placenta and separate sacs. Having done more research now it seems it was totally random. It's like being pregnant for the first time again, I have no idea what to expect and will be birthing at an entirely different hospital. One day I was worried about how to fit two baby seats in my tiny hatchback plus a pram in the boot (thinking I was expecting one), now it's no longer a dilemma because I need an entirely new car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SH3LL13 View Post
    I found out at my NT scan last week. What a surprise! It looks like one placenta and separate sacs. Having done more research now it seems it was totally random. It's like being pregnant for the first time again, I have no idea what to expect and will be birthing at an entirely different hospital. One day I was worried about how to fit two baby seats in my tiny hatchback plus a pram in the boot (thinking I was expecting one), now it's no longer a dilemma because I need an entirely new car!
    It's a nice excuse to get a new car though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sh3ll13 mine also have one placenta and two sacs. No family history of twins. Luckily we have a sedan so its ok but good excuse for a new car for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by caribbean; 29-01-2014 at 19:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jess, yes so excited to get a new car. Will be sad to say good bye to my little mirage, I've had it for 10 years! Also a little excited about a new pram, so pathetic haha