+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine were IVF and I started feeling really sick at technically 3 weeks. Or only about 1 week after embryo transfer. One week later I walked into the clinic and told the nurse that I just knew not only was I finally pregnant this time but I was positive it was twins. Blood test results showed high HCG but they said it could be a single baby or twins.

Then I had bleeding just before 7 weeks. Early scan to check at 7 weeks and I was told I could be loosing the baby. But all was fine x2!!

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd had a missed miscarriage the previous cycle at 9 weeks, so when I fell pregnant again the next month I was quite nervous. I went to my OB at 8 weeks and was afraid he would say this would be my 3rd failed pregnancy in a row.

He started the scan and said he saw a heartbeat straight away. I was thrilled!

Then he started frowning and started shaking his head, eventually saying "Oh, no!"

"What's wrong?", I asked (feeling a sick sensation in my stomach), "Is it dead?"

"No, there is definitely a heartbeat, and by the look of it there is also another one!" he said. "The reason I'm acting so dubious is because you had pelvic instability with your last pregnancy and with twins there is no doubt you'll get it again!"

He was right, I was in a wheelchair from 14 weeks, but those 2 beautiful little boys were well worth the discomfort and pain.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiples - how and when did you find out?

Just wondering how early you got your bfp? I have twins on my mums side ( so family history ) I got my bfp this afternoon 9dpo and af is due next Thursday so still over a week away.

Thanks
    Reviews

I first tested a day after AF was due & got a BFN. When nothing had happened after a week, I tested again & got the BFP.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, ive posted my story a few times, so apologies for anyone reading again. I found out I was having twins on the delivery table. I had four minutes to get used to the idea that I had two babies. I had a 21 months son, so I had three under two for a few months. Scans were being used but not routinely, and there was no complications or bleedings, so I had no reason to ask for a scan. And I have no history of twins on my side, but my husband has a few sets on both his mothers and fathers family. Naturally conceived identical daughters, something out of the blue, for sure. Marie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

MissSookyLaLa  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow super Granny

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was my third iui so I wasn't very hopeful. Got a bfp and was over the moon. Then. Tried bleeding at about 7 weeks and thought it was all over,I went to my ob for an ultrasound and discovered that it was twins!

they have just turned one!!

good luck for all the rest of the preggy mums.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Multiples - how and when did you find out?

We found out at our nt scan at 13 weeks. No history, ivf or morning sickness. I went in wondering if I had had a missed misscarriage but nope it is twins!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Multiples - how and when did you find out?

Told we had one bub in our first scan and then told we have twin during our 12 week scan.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is an identical twin. She is adamant that I will have twins (as she thinks it skips every second generation). I've had to tell her that identical twins are pure luck and it's the fraternal twins that run in the family.