+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiples - how and when did you find out?

I had an early scan at 6.5 weeks. Mine are IVF twins though, so not a huge shock...I knew there was a chance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Multiples - how and when did you find out?

Nomsie, I'm 37 weeks preg and your last post made me cry in the car service waiting room just now! What a lovely result for you

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an early scan at 6wks and found out it was twins! The biggest shock for me was that I was right! I had been telling people that I thought it was twins. From the second I found out I was pregnant I thought of two bub, not one, but kept telling myself to stop being silly!
    Congrats and I hope you have a great pregnancy and birth

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Nomsie, I'm 37 weeks preg and your last post made me cry in the car service waiting room just now! What a lovely result for you
    Oh! Sorry, didn't want anyone to cry!! If it stops the tears I'll divulge that right now I've bought them a set of pencils and shaped erasers, and they're trying to stick the butterfly eraser in my mouth Rubber butterflies don't taste as pretty as they look!

Good luck with your birth!

Thanks
    Reviews

Had an accident at work and hit my belly so went to the hospital and they did a quick scan that showed two. That was at 9 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

I found out at 7 weeks at our first scan. Shock was the understatement! If the tech didn't move around then we wouldn't have seen the second sac. Still blows me away now.

Thanks
    Reviews

What wonderful stories. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm pregnant with my third (singleton) but just can't get the *twin* feeling out of my head.... I think it's more like wishful thinking than 6th sense though... I copped a lot of judgement from a few ppl having a third when ultimately I'd love a fourth... And figured twins would solve that!! Lol. Plus then I'd only have to get through this pregnancy and labour!! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were on holidays staying with 3 other five-person families at my SIL's 3 bdrm house (ie too many people in a small space!)My MIL was uncharacteristically cranky and it was really stressful. One morning I got up and was bleeding (which I never have before during pregnancy). I was about 10 weeks and was pretty sure the stress had caused me to miscarry. After bawling my eyes out for a while I went up to the hospital and they took blood, told me bleeding is fairly common and that they do a scan as soon as they could. Finally we went in and the MW found the baby straight away and said his/her heartbeat was really strong etc, all was good and not to worry. So out of relief I started crying again, then she moved the wand thingy and straight away me and my husband saw that it was twins. She sort of stumbled and said 'I don't want to alarm you but I'm pretty sure there are two, ill get an Ob to officially diagnose it and see what type of twins they are.' The Ob initially thought she saw three sacs which REALLY freaked me out, but then decided it was only two, or there were three sacs but two foetuses, can't remember now. I was really shocked, we already had 3 kids and I hadn't been sick at all and always thought twins made you really sick. Even though we have twins in the family I just never thought it would happen to me. Funnily though, the night before I suddenly had a thought of 'what if its twins, how would my two yr old cope?' So I cried for about two days after finding out it was twins because I worried about how he would adjust and feeling sad I'd be so busy I'd neglect him etc. Incidentally he is coping fine. Then I started stressing about the birth, which was also fine. Everything is fine.
    My boys are 12 weeks old now and they are the most beautiful little babies, I honestly can't imagine only having had one of them. I never wanted twins before but love having them now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story is very similar to Nomsies. Had bleeding week 7 and the week 8. I was sure I was miscarrying but I live in a remote area so there wasn't much I could to do. Whe I finally go to the doctor he organized for me to have a scan when I was 10 weeks to see what was going on. I went in expecting to be to,d the worst only for the sonogragher to say, "there's a healthy heartbeat". I was so so so relieved until he goes "oh look, there's another healthy heartbeat, it's twins" this was mine and hubby's face
    I had never ever considered that I would have twins ever. In hindsight the universe had been trying to tell me though as the week before I had my first double Yolker egg since I was a kid on the farm

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Timestwo View Post
    My story is very similar to Nomsies. Had bleeding week 7 and the week 8. I was sure I was miscarrying but I live in a remote area so there wasn't much I could to do. Whe I finally go to the doctor he organized for me to have a scan when I was 10 weeks to see what was going on. I went in expecting to be to,d the worst only for the sonogragher to say, "there's a healthy heartbeat". I was so so so relieved until he goes "oh look, there's another healthy heartbeat, it's twins" this was mine and hubby's face
    I had never ever considered that I would have twins ever. In hindsight the universe had been trying to tell me though as the week before I had my first double Yolker egg since I was a kid on the farm
    If you don't mind me asking what is the double yolker reference to? I've got chooks (20) and occasionally get them