+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone else noticed...

Throws hands in the air. Whatever Luna, glad you enjoy ad about discharge. You can have the discharging vagina ads to yourself.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Has anyone else noticed...

Oh boy bellibean if you are offended by vaginal discharge I would step away from the parenting forum. There are WHOLE THREADS here dedicated to vaginal discharge. And ones on breast milk, and on wee, and sperm, and poo, and amniotic fluids, and menstrual blood, and vomit, and all the crazy things that can go wrong with all these normal bodily fluids

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (02-11-2012),Busy-Bee  (02-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (02-11-2012),Lillynix  (03-11-2012),Luna Lovegood  (02-11-2012),mummabec  (02-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (02-11-2012),saxonrose  (02-11-2012),shelle65  (02-11-2012),WineTime  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think ads are stupid in general lol I don't buy stuff just because I seen it on tv I buy it because it's on sale lmao!!!!!! I've only seen one ad that has been discussed and that is the period one about boot camp be
    Interesting to see the others for a laugh.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to queenvee For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Oh boy bellibean if you are offended by vaginal discharge I would step away from the parenting forum. There are WHOLE THREADS here dedicated to vaginal discharge. And ones on breast milk, and on wee, and sperm, and poo, and amniotic fluids, and menstrual blood, and vomit, and all the crazy things that can go wrong with all these normal bodily fluids

My oath! I've even typed "cervical mucus" into the search box, c'mon, hasn't every 21st century girl who is trying to conceive?

I really don't see how a person's own vagina can horrify them so much, kinda sucks really... why are we so distanced from ourselves? It's unavoidable and totally normal, we ALL have it (if we have a healthy vagina!).

As for OP... well I don't mind about this kind of thing because it seems a little like the worm has turned. I don't think anyone should be objectified in advertising or elsewhere; but I have to admit I'd prefer both genders cop it than only one (women). It's a bit more even that way.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (02-11-2012),shelle65  (02-11-2012)

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews

Funny, I was rather impressed when I saw the discharge ad! I'm so sick of people using pads to plug leaks in car roof and cats chasing tampons thinking their mice!!
    Finally an ad that treats us like adults! Clearly there's a reason those condescending ads are made... Some people obviously prefer them to factual ads

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mummabec For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (02-11-2012),Lillynix  (03-11-2012),Luna Lovegood  (02-11-2012),RobinSparkles  (02-11-2012),shelle65  (02-11-2012),squirrelex  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    As for OP... well I don't mind about this kind of thing because it seems a little like the worm has turned. I don't think anyone should be objectified in advertising or elsewhere; but I have to admit I'd prefer both genders cop it than only one (women). It's a bit more even that way.
    I'd prefer that neither gender was objectified or classified as dumb in advertising but I really think this is the only way that things will change.

I find it odd that women have been objectified and classed as dumb in advertising for decades and it's only now that men start copping it too that people get upset righ-t-o. Hopefully this will make some changes in advertising because it's wrong on both levels - not only does this kind of sexism (NOT reverse sexism - but sexism against both men and women) promote ridiculous stereotypes but I think people sometimes forget that it will put more people off the product than it will attract. I know I'm the one who shops for DP's deodorant

Thanks
    Reviews

speaking of advertising and gender/gender roles...

there's an insurance ad on tv at the moment (during the day...which speaks volumes about their demographic) whereby they talk about cover for all job descriptions. the father mentions there's protection for stay at home mums. this apparently is an inadequate job as the mother feels the need to 'rebadge' herself with something she feel sounds more 'important' such as 'a domestic management officer' or something like that.

the father then gives her the phone to ring said insurance company as it falls under her apparent job description.

I grit my teeth!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by mummabec View Post
    Funny, I was rather impressed when I saw the discharge ad! I'm so sick of people using pads to plug leaks in car roof and cats chasing tampons thinking their mice!!
    Finally an ad that treats us like adults! Clearly there's a reason those condescending ads are made... Some people obviously prefer them to factual ads
    Yes and I like these particular ads cos it gives the guys a true insight and understanding as to why we don't always like them sidling up to us trying to be all sexy and charming and sticking their hands down our pants in an attempt to initiate a bit of action. DP has seen these ads and seems to have learned a few things. Like lbl, more about periods and how all some of us wanna do is hide away till its over and why sometimes that damp feeling is not him turning me on but normal v discharge that occurs with all us girls.

I say bring on the educational ads like these and get rid of the hypocritical ads like the gambling ones or the cleaning products that with one wipe clean all traces of burnt on grime.

I love that gripple ad. Reminds me of some Ferals I know. The pork ones were funny, now they are just getting annoying.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahahaha you are all funny. I'm talking about the ADVERTISEMENT not the fact that women leak! What a defensive lot you are. Good afternoon entertainment.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Hahahaha you are all funny. I'm talking about the ADVERTISEMENT not the fact that women leak! What a defensive lot you are. Good afternoon entertainment.
    Er, you're the one who said you find vaginal discharge offensive. I'm sorry you offend yourself.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (02-11-2012),Jennaisme  (02-11-2012),Luna Lovegood  (02-11-2012),saxonrose  (02-11-2012)