Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Am I being an unreasonable mole?

Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I havent been home for 7 years,and my mum has paid for my flights to see her in a different city.
    I have told the bride I dont think I will be able to come,so its not like I just wont show up.
    Thanks for the input,maybe I seem like a b1tch but obviously kiwis do things differently from aussies
    My DH is half kiwi. His relatives came over to our wedding. We weren't expected to find them transport or accommodation. It's not a kiwi vs aussie thing!

You accepted a wedding invite first and foremost and booked a flight to go. Then you decided to add in other plans and now as a result of those plans you want to ditch the wedding. It's not because you're kiwi. It's because you have organised this poorly and are looking for validation/excuses not to go.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    please refrain from name calling its not in the spirit of the bubhub community

I personally think if you cant afford to get to the wedding, then dont travel to the country when the wedding is on ... you either can get to NZ .. or you cant ..

As a bride I wouldn't be hurt if you couldn't come (from another country) to a wedding, but to travel ALL that way, and then not come? is a little harsh, and I would be hurt...

NZ isn't THAT big??? surely there is a way to get there and back... and if not - maybe you need to reschedule your other flight so you can?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Am I being an unreasonable mole?

Soo... What exactly was the point of starting the thread the title actually asks if you're being an 'unreasonable mole'- I don't think anyone has said anything as harsh as that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Can't you just get public transport from the airport to the wedding? I know you said you don't have spare cash but it wouldn't be much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you don't want to accept her offer of borrowing her car...then hire an auto from the airport...it'll cost 50 (ish) for an overnight hire and makes it easy for you to get to and from the wedding.

I do think you are being unreasonable...it's a 1 hour drive...suck it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you hire a cheap car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alternatively, if you've been friends with her for this long, surely you'd know her family well enough to ask one of them for a lift in exchange for petrol money/alcohol/your soul, etc..

Thanks
    Reviews

One hour away? And you can't be bothered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think you're being unreasonable, and a little selfish. I had Tamils come for my wedding from interfere and we had them stay with us, and other family members helped with transporting them to our wedding.
    If it were my wedding I would be mega ****ed that you could go to another country and then not be able to make an effort for one of the most important days of my life.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Closed at OP request

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234