Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I being an unreasonable mole?

This is something I am going through at the moment with an interstate wedding, so I empathise $$$ wise.

But, if I was the bride I may feel a little bit like you didn't give a s**t about me.
    You have already bought the tickets to go over there, specifically for the wedding it sounds like so why not make the effort? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but the bride prob has bigger things to stress about than how you're going to get there iykwim.

Hope you can sort out though. Maybe think about how important a friend this person is to you, because for me this would quantify in the amount of effort you are willing to put in. She may not want to be friends after you ditch her wedding day... Just saying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yes. Go! Your friend will never forgive you otherwise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (01-11-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes!! It's not her responsibility AND she has even offered to lend you her car.

I'm not sure what you are thinking tbh.
    True. She's offered you her car. What more do you want her to do? Pick you up herself? On her wedding day??

All stuff you should have worked out before booking the flights I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I guess I think...I had 80% of my wedding from overseas and I picked up every single one from airport,let them stay at my place and made sure they all had a way to my wedding.No questions asked.So I feel a bit **** that the favour isnt returned to me
    Are you for real??

Don't go then. I would hate someone who thought like that to be at my wedding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I would be quite upset if I were the bride. Sorry, but your reasons aren't great- money doesn't wash when you've booked another flight to visit family. Not knowing anyone is common enough, be sociable and make new friends. Not being able to drink therefore you don't want to go? Surely you can be sober for one wedding for your friends sake?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had about 20 odd family come from Scotland to my wedding. I didn't organise travel or accommodation for any of them. It didn't occur to me that I'd have to! I think unreasonable moll is a bit harsh but I do think its weird you'd go all that way then not go to her wedding. And I can totally see why she'd be upset by that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I guess I think...I had 80% of my wedding from overseas and I picked up every single one from airport,let them stay at my place and made sure they all had a way to my wedding.No questions asked.So I feel a bit **** that the favour isnt returned to me
    Good on you - That was you and your wedding. This is hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be very confused that a friend of mine had booked flights to a different country for my wedding and then didn't go?? I'd probably seriously reconsider the friendship

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

You know what? Don't go. Obviously it's all too much effort for you so you will resent having to go and risk the bride picking up on your hostility towards her and her day.

Personally i think if you can't make the effort then it'd be best to upset her now, BEFORE the wedding than doing it ON the wedding day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

MinnieMouse81  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK maybe its a kiwi thing.