+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide girls - FertilitySA or Repromed - which do you prefer?

Hi everyone
    I'm currently with FertlitySA and am just about to start my 6th IVF cycle with them. I'm starting to wonder though if I should move to Repromed next year just to see if that will change anything. We're trying a lot of new things with my next cycle -saizen, clexane, embryogen and have just done a natural killer cell biopsy so my current FS is willing to try a new things. I just want to make sure I've tried everything.
    I've heard that Repromed can be a bit impersonal -just wondered if anyone has tried both and what you thought
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi kyllara,
    Sorry to hear you are about to begin your 6th cycle of Ivf. Is this 6 full stimulated cycles? If it is that's a very tough situation to be in and no wonder you are thinking of changing clinics. I'm with Repromed with kelton tremellen and my protocol changed after each cycle. Our 3rd cycle we used saizen and I achieved a BFP but sadly miscarried at 11 weeks due to a large fibroid. We also had 3 embs to freeze for the first time. For me repro have been amazing, very involved, highly personable and I like that they are a big clinic with the latest research and techniques plus their own day surgery. Good luck and come and join the Adelaide thread too! X

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rivergirl For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kyllara,
    We are not from Adelaide but a SA country town. We were referred to Repromed from our Gyno down here. Dr Lisa Bedson is our doctor at Repromed. She has been very informative and caring throughout our cycles and has made this journey more bareable. The nurses have been fantastic, it amazes me how much knowledge theu have, how symathetic they are and the way they follow up phone calls and other issues ASAP. I recently had a biopsy, which discoved high NK cells. Dr Bedson immediatly consulted with Dr Tremellen about my case and they have made huge changes to this next FET, which hopefully will give us our BFP. I have felt that after each cycle Dr Bedson has done a thorough review of our case and looked at other options available.The only difference I know about the two is that Repromed is more expensive.
    Good luck with your next cycle. Fingers crossed for a BFP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1wish For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with Repromed and I have been happy with them, the nurses are lovely and I am happy with my FS. I feel that they are on top of the latest research and technology, have a good lab and great embryologists and have good results. Can't compare though as we have only been to Repromed. Maybe you can get a referal for an initial appointment with one of the doctors at Repromed to discuss your case and see what options they would suggest before actually deciding to switch?

In regards to cost according to their websites Repromed out of pocket for IVF cycle is $1,891.85 and FertilitySA $2,383.45.

Good luck for a BFP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Addiegirl For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm with Flinders reproductive medicine. I find them fantastic for me because I have all my procedures in a general theatre. They have access to everything being part of a main ****** hospital, including my special needs (blow up compression garments on my calves in theatre and heparin blood thinners) with having previous DVT's and heart problems. Their pre op checks were second to none with pace maker testing with medical magnets etc.

They are a research and teaching institute and receive many government grants. Flinders were the first place in S.A. to assist in a live IVF birth and have been doing it for 35yrs. I admit sometimes they are slack at returning my calls but the test they did on me before IVF were so comprehensive I chose them over repromed.

Flinders insisted on ultrasounds, hysterscope and gave me a polypectomy because I had 2 polyps. They did this on the 12th of October and started my round on the 29th of October. Research shows that a surgically stimulated uterus helps with implantation. Polyps can cause miscarriage and they needed to go. Repromed never told me I needed these investigations done. I never signed on for a cycle at repromed even though their kindness and attitude were very tempting.

Flinders cost me $3225 up front and I am yet to see what the rebate amount is.

I hope this helps and what is right for me may not be right for you

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I'm currently with MOnash ivf in clayton. Personally, they are hopeless. You are nothing but a number to them, but they were the only ones who could help us medically, as their research is second to none.

I was with repromed in Darwin. They were nice, but couldn't help me anymore, so i was referred to FertilitySA. The doctors, nurses and general saff were sooo lovely. They couldn't help me anymore either, but otherwise i would have stayed with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I really liked repromed...was organized and I felt the facilities were excellent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kyllara View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm currently with FertlitySA and am just about to start my 6th IVF cycle with them. I'm starting to wonder though if I should move to Repromed next year just to see if that will change anything. We're trying a lot of new things with my next cycle -saizen, clexane, embryogen and have just done a natural killer cell biopsy so my current FS is willing to try a new things. I just want to make sure I've tried everything.
    I've heard that Repromed can be a bit impersonal -just wondered if anyone has tried both and what you thought
    Thanks
    Hiya! I'm doing cycle 7 with Fertility SA at the moment. We considered changing but FSA is so personal. I get mobile calls from my Dr. And I have a team of Dr as well as leading embryologist working on my case. I'd be scared to change. Re: cost even though FSA looks more expensive from websites. They include everything in that price. No extra surprises!