+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Having a whinge

Hi Ladies - just needing a vent after a few months ttc post vasectomy reversal, so here goes...

I had a really strong feeling about 6 dpo that I had conceived, never felt anything like it before and too hard to explain the "knowing" feeling. On and off since then I've had dizzy spells, headaches, occasional bouts of nausea, sense of smell going ballistic! Some days it's been full on, other days I feel fine, just really really tired.

I've only just begun charting, and my temps are still elevated but doing small ^^^'s. I expected my period 2 days ago, but no temp drop yet and no bleeding.

I'm just feeling so down because I took a hpt at 9 dpo and it was negative. I know it was probably too early to test, but I'm now caught in that loop of not wanting to test again in case I'm disappointed, but wanting to test in case it's a lovely surprise! At this stage I've just decided to wait until AF arrives. Even though I'm usually very regular at 29 days a cycle, my longest was 36 - so currently sitting on cd31 is awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Having a whinge

9 dpo possibly is too early. Fingers crossed you get a BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance Smurfy I kind of wish I hadn't tested at all, but I felt so positive and now with one - result and the fact AF may be just a few days late, I'm not so sure..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Having a whinge

How many days after O do you usually get AF? Is it possible you o'd later, so AF will be due later?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had the same feeling at 6dpo .. just felt "different"
    I tested at 9DPO and got a BFN. I pulled the test apart (internet cheapy) because I was sure it had to be wrong. I saw a super faint shadow of a line and chalked it up to an evap. Tested again 3 days later at 12dpo and definitely no denying that second pink line. May just have been too early for you. Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's possible I O'd later I guess, but temps and opk's suggest it was right on schedule. I did have a day of lots of ewcm a couple of days after though...

I'm only using internet cheapy tests too - I ended up doing one last night and that was negative - still no sign of AF yet, but luckily feeling a bit more energized today, not so crappy and bloaty

My mum told me that when she was pregnant with me, she was nearly 12 weeks before any tests confirmed the pregnancy - even the doctor told her she wasn't, but she insisted she knew she was - and sure enough I'm here! Would family history like that have any bearing on my situation?

Please note I'm not doing the OMG do you think I'm prego!? thing, I'm simply learning and very curious about the idiosyncrasies of ttc, so I'm interested to hear about other peoples experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many DPO are you today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure 15dpo - so I would have expected even an internet cheapy hpt to show at least a faint line last night?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Having a whinge

Depends on when you implanted. As they say, it's no over till AF arrives ... or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    If only our bodies were better at defining early pregnancy symptoms from pms that would be great!

Now either AF better show her face soon so we can get on to the next cycle, or this little bean needs to start making its presence known