+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Heartbeat of 180 at 6w2d

Hello All,

I promised myself I wouldn't google as it can be torture, but alas I did anyway and let myself down... I am now 7w4d but I got an u/s at 6w2d and the heart rate came back at 180. All the research I've found says that at that point the baby's heart rate should be somewhere between 90-120 and then climb from there.

My doctor is absolutely unreliable and I am changing doctors. She told me my hcg levels were high when they definitely were not and were actually in the lowish but acceptable range, amongst other bizarre things she has said and done in the past so I didn't even bother to ask her. However, the technician said the heartbeat was at the very top of the normal range so that's why I haven't really worried until now-- when the Google bug hit me.

Anybody had a heart rate that high at this point or know that a heart rate that high at this early is ok?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

At 7weeks my bubs heart beat was 175 and he is now 10 weeks old. I know it is hard to not worry but most Dr's would tell you if there is a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Heartbeat of 180 at 6w2d

My sons hr was 174 at around 8 1/2 weeks and he's nearly 7 and perfectly healthy.

I'm sure your bub is fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for letting me know. From what I read, 174 hr at 8.5 weeks is pretty normal but very high at 6w2d, that's what worries me. It can't keep climbing, there's nowhere safe for it to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB told me the heart rate will fluctuate so while sometimes it was 120 other times it was 170+... My first was 150 bpm at 5w4d and then my second was 110 at 6w1d. Both fine, healthy kids. I remember with my first at 150 I asked how that was and she said anything between 100 and 180 was normal at this stage, there was no hard rules on it.

I really think you will just worry yourself if you keep googling, and the scan would have been seen by the technician, reviewed by a doctor at radiology and then sent to your doctor, so even if you don't trust you doctor I am sure if there was any reason for concern they would have let you know. I am sure bubs is fine... could just be a sign that you will have a very active little one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also was told that the heart beat fluctuates greatly in the first trimester (even stopping sometimes), I too had some really high heart rate in the early scans, I don't remember the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between 170 and 180 (DD is 7 months old now and healthy), I know its hard to not google stuff but most likely your bub's heart rate will sort itself out, shame your doctor didn't investigate further (maybe another scan a few hours later) I agree you should change doc.
    DD had jaundice when she was born, we googles, got totally upset and freaked out... turns out it was no big deal and it was sorted in 2 days.
    You can rent or buy a foetal heart monitor or even go to a gp and ask them to scan they usually have those in hand.
    best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews

At 6 weeks 4 days, my bub's hr was 186bpm and now I'm 18 weeks with a very healthy but active bb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to thank you all for your continued responses and Rosie pheww that's good to hear!

Thanks
    Reviews

At 7w1d mine was 160

Thanks
    Reviews

My 5.5 month DS had high BPMs at every scan starting around the 180 mark although they went slightly down at each scan which my OB said was completely normal. Also IMO HBs would depend on how active bub is in utero. Sounds like a nice healthy & strong HB to me! Congrats & gd luck on the rest of ur pg!