+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What will happen if...

I don't express at night? Ds is bottle fed with BM and when he has a bottle, I express to stay a few feeds ahead....but it takes about 45 mins to do this and i really wanna be able to go back to bed once he has fed, what will happen to my supply if I don't express every 3 hrs during night?

Default What will happen if...

I think once they're over that 3 month mark and you've established supply, it will actually take a long time for your milk to dry up. All you'll get is engorged breasts in the morning, your supply should be fine. Just be sure to drink lots of water

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rinahbee For This Useful Post:

PuppyGuts  (01-11-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As long as your not relying on that expressed milk for anything then your breasts will just get used to only making the milk that you use. Eg if your bub was sleeping through every night then your breasts wouldn't get so engorged at night but would still have a lot of milk there ready for the baby's big morning feed. They get used to your milk usage and they make the right amount to supply you with what you take out of them. Sorry if that sounds confusing! So as long as your not planning on needing that night milk to be there next week you should be fine 😃

Could you just express once at night for a week or so, so that they slowly get used to having to make less milk at night?