+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is YOUR daily or weekly schedule

I am wondering what peoples schedules are, not your babies but yours.

At the moment I sleep when my DD sleeps in the morning then we play and I have a shower and tidy the house in between her two naps.

When she naps a second time (early afternoon) I either chill out and watch tv or go on bub hub (me time) wash her bottles and tidy some more. Then when she wakes up we play some more and then we go out to meet friends, go shopping or just for a walk then we come home and DD plays while I make 'her' dinner.

Once she's in bed at 7, DH and I eat but it's usually nothing I've cooked as its too noisy and will wake DD and I don't have the time to cook as I used to and I don't spend anywhere hear enough time doing housework.

I suppose I could skip my morning sleep but I need that rest and DD is such a light sleeper I'd wake her up if I did housework and if she doesn't get a decent first sleep, she's a tired, cranky mess for the rest of the day.

I'm just wondering what everyone else's daily 'routines' are. When do you cook yourself and partner and older children dinner. How and when do you fit in all of your housework? How much 'me' time do you get and what do you do with that time? Also when and how do you manage time alone to say get your hair cut or a manicure etc?

Thanks
    Reviews

Wake up with DD at about 10.30 or 11, feed, change and have playtime with her. She usually falls asleep at 1 or 2 and that's when I go ahead and have "me" time, watch movies or read a book. She usually wakes up around 3 or 4 and I'll give her a bath, have playtime and feed her. After that, I do laundry, vacuum and start dinner. Partner comes home at 6.30 usually, and we have family time. Then she goes off with her grandparents till about 8 to spend some time with them so I get to spend time with DH. She falls asleep by herself at 10 or 11ish, then I stay up to watch tv or movies and usually fall asleep at 12.30. I know we have a late routine, but DD is only 4 months and I just go with the flow with however she feels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a huge routine person, but generally we are up around 5.30/6am (although that has been 4.30am recently), I have a cuppa, give DS his bottle and watch some early news. I then try and do a quick tidy and give DS his breaky around 7am (and try to shove something down my throat at the same time!).

Any activities we do are in the mornings, so Mondays are swimming and Wednesdays are Kindagym. DS has a sleep from around 11am, often I will have a sleep then too, or will do loads of washing/ more cleaning.

In the afternoon we generally just hang around the house, have a play outside or whatever. Sometimes we'll do some baking or I'll let DS watch an hour or so of kids TV.

Sometimes I'll start dinner in the afternoon, or chop things up in prep for tea. DS is in bed by 6/6.30, so I start dinner for DH and I pretty much as soon as he's in bed. Then we just chill & watch TV.

I just tidy (vac/ dishes/ washing etc) throughout the day when I can (DS follows around 'helping'). Things like bathroom get done every few days, usually before I have a morning shower - DS just plays with his bath toys on the floor while I'm doing this.

I get 'me' time after DS goes to bed. I work in the office 1 day a week and from home 1 day. DS is in daycare 2 days, so if I have to make any appointments where I can't take him I'll do it on a day he is in care and I don't have to go into work. Otherwise I would just leave him with DH if has to be on a weekend or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wake around 6am, breaky, lunch at 11-12, DS nap, dinner 6pm, DS bed 7-7.30pm.

Apart from that, no schedule, we improvise each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Daily schedule with my two - 2yo and 4mth old

I wake up at 5am and the girls get woken up or are both awake 5.30-6am

walk 6-7/7.30am. If I dont go for a walk I will have an early brekky and then have a longer morning activity.

DD1 and I have breakfast 7.30-8

8-9/9.30 DD2 has a sleep and I cook/bake for the day. DD1 helps ie, if I'm making bread she helps me knead. Both girls sleep through mixmaster, food processer etc noises. I also shower then as well. If DD2 wakes earlier she sits in the bouncer chatting and playing.

9.30-11 am - activity with DD1. either at home drawing/painting or we go to the library,kindergym, playdate etc

11-11.30 lunch

11.30-2pm DD2 sleeps. DD1 sleeps 11.30/12-2. I usually finish off any cleaning/folding before i plonk on the couch to read/fb/nap.

2.30-5 we have an afternoon activity ie playdate, walk, bus trip to nowhere. DD2 naps in here somewhere in the carrier/pram.

5pm dinner
    I serve dinner and officially close the kitchen for the day. also bring in any laundry and put it away.

6pm baths

7/7.30 Both girls go to bed. I go to bed at 8. DH does the ironing/mopping/vacumming during this time if needed. DD1 usually gets up for 1-2 wee trips and DD2 wakes for 1-4 feeds overnight.

I break down my chores into days and have a chart to allocate 30min cleaning to each day. I dont quite get me alone time atm as dd2 is fully bf and feeds 1-3hrly if awake so if I need to go somewhere - she tags along. but DH is a shift worker so if I need to catch up with a friend he minds DD1 whilst I head out.

My mother helps out on sat mornings. she visits for 3-4hrs and plays with the kids and I get my weekly big batch cooking done ie make biscuits, cakes, pastry etc..
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 01-11-2012 at 14:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Get up around 8am (whenever DS demands his first day feed). Bottle around 8.30, play while I also eat brekkie, DS goes down for a nap around 9.30/10am and this is when I have my shower. If we have a morning appt I have my shower during our "play" time and he skips his nap. Sometimes sleeps a bit in the pram or car.

We are usually out for a few hours. After his 3pm feed he has a nap around 4pm and this is when I prep dinner. Again I only get 45 mins.

We do his bedtime routine at 6pm and once he is down between 6.30/7pm I cook dinner for DH and I.

Laundry I do during the day while DS is awake. I don't play one on one with him all the time as he is awake most of the day so I would go nuts!

That's about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS 20months wakes me up at 7am i get up make him breakfast and i clean up the kitchen (previous nights mess) while hes eating. Then make breakfast for DH while DS play by himself a bit after his breakfast. Then DD (2weeks old) would wake up for a feed.
    After all feeding done DH watches them while i have a shower. After shower i put DD to bed, do some cleaning while DS 'helps', then i put some tv on for him while i work( we work from home).
    I try to work and entertain DS at the same time.
    Then when lunch time comes DH watches kids while i cook and then more work and by 3pm DH takes DS out for a bit while i chill out at home with DD. If shes sleeping then i watch some tv or more work. If shes awake i sit with her and talk to her or feed her till 5:30 i would cook for the whole family.
    DD wakes through out the day so in between everything i will need to feed her and put her back to sleep.
    After putting DS to sleep at 8 i would then try to put DD to sleep then have a shower then watch some tv or do some more work till 11pm. DD would wake up for another feed. Then i go to bed with DD.
    I am currently waking up every 2 hours for 1-2hours through out the night because DD is feeding on demand and she has night and day confused urrrggg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up at around 6am, breakfast at around 7, usually down for a nap around 8.30/9ish. This nap I tidy, cook baby food, have my shower if I can squeeze it in.
    10am snack, if I go out I do it now. 12pm lunch, usually around 1am a 2hr nap which I try and be home for. If I need a nap I have I here.
    3pm outside time, walk or swim in her pool. 5 dinner, bath, bottle in bed usually at 6.30. After this I cook, clean, chill out a little.
    DH isn't home at the moment so I'm desperately wanting some time out to go and get my hair cut, etc but don think I'll get it until next month...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up at around 6am, breakfast at around 7, usually down for a nap around 8.30/9ish. This nap I tidy, cook baby food, have my shower if I can squeeze it in.
    10am snack, if I go out I do it now. 12pm lunch, usually around 1am a 2hr nap which I try and be home for. If I need a nap I have I here.
    3pm outside time, walk or swim in her pool. 5 dinner, bath, bottle in bed usually at 6.30. After this I cook, clean, chill out a little.
    DH isn't home at the moment so I'm desperately wanting some time out to go and get my hair cut, etc but don think I'll get it until next month...