+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi zoz did he also have problems with eye contact as infant ? Did he have any other symptoms at all ? Red flag ?
    Does autism happen when it's in the family or past generations or can it just happen to any one ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was just random for my nephew but he was only diagnosed at kindy when against his peers it was obvious that he was different to them. Then he was assessed and diagnosed by the time he was 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMFM View Post
    Hi zoz did he also have problems with eye contact as infant ? Did he have any other symptoms at all ? Red flag ?
    Does autism happen when it's in the family or past generations or can it just happen to any one ?
    I didn't realise this thread was so old whoops sorry.

My DS does have problems with eye contact but mainly with people he isn't used to or knows. He hates his face being touched or just being touched by anyone he doesn't know. He'll do his best to look away from people or completely close off and stare into space.

There isn't anyone in the family with ASD as far as I know on either my side or my DH'S side of the family. I am a carrier of Mecp2 though. We had microarray genetic testing done for my DS then the same for me and DH after he was diagnosed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll tell u a bit about my story , I'm from a family that has carried schizophrenia for generations I'm fine but my brother got it only a few years ago it appeared in him. Seeing how such illness can impact families , it was my worst nightmare to start a family knowing there is a chance so I did everything possible to fight the odds!! My husband and I travelled to Europe and used a donor egg using Ivf, we planned 2 embryos and now blessed with twins .
    You see why I'm so worried and will be shattered if my babies lack of eye contact is a red flag !!! I had to overcome the fact that the babies I will give birth to are my husband's and another woman's only to have physically and mentally healthy kids !!! I really hope and pray that he will grow out of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I'm so over autism

My sister was my egg donor for my son and her son is autistic. It's on the back of my mind but that's it. You can't change it, just watch them grow and get their health checks and don't constantly worry or cry every day. It's not worth it you are missing out on so much happiness with your worry. If it's ruining your quality of life you need to seek help to manage that ASD anxiety.
    Last edited by lilypily; 24-12-2015 at 22:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's very sad it's the worst thing I think that can happen to parents , I wish all illnesses can cures
    Wishing you all a merry Xmas and happy new year in advance may this year brings more health and happiness for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AMFM View Post
    It's very sad it's the worst thing I think that can happen to parents , I wish all illnesses can cures
    Wishing you all a merry Xmas and happy new year in advance may this year brings more health and happiness for everyone
    Autism is the worst thing that can happen to parents? Is that what you are saying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Autism is the worst thing that can happen to parents? Is that what you are saying?
    I'm quite taken aback by this statement too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did sometimes think that. And I fell apart when my son was diagnosed at 3. My middle is borderline and I think definitely is but she's too young. There are days when I hate it. When you are living it 24/7 it's so hard. I love my kids so much and having autism in my family has taught me a lot. My kids are amazing little souls. But there are days when I wish we could just leave the house, when I dread preschool pick ups because it means an afternoon of meltdowns, simplest little things cause so many problems. Then there's days when I'm so proud and happy. Because they are such unique souls who see the world so differently.

It's certainly an experience you have to live to understand.

Sent from my D5503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfiasco For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (26-12-2015)