+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you go have a set schedule for your baby?

DD is 2 weeks old and at the moment theres no set schedule or any routine in place, i am feeding on demand and she sleeps when she wants and if shes awake i wouldnt force her back to sleep. But i do keep night time feeding and changes boring and day time more fun so she wont get night and day mixed up.
    I remember with DS i had a schedule almost as soon as we got home from hospital.

Did you have a routine or fixed schedule for your baby and did it work in the long run?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Nope no schedule, just a bedtime routine from about 4 weeks old (bottle, bath, bed) at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, just went with the flow
    I did have a bedtime routine but it was pretty flexible when they were young and got stricter as they got older.
    This has worked well for me in the long run, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews

I did but had to as the twins were prem and had trouble gaining weight. I didn't let them go any longer than 3 hours on the dot between feeds. Everything was worked around their feeds and as they got older I just kept the bedtime routine the same.
    I think it's important for babies to have routine but it doesn't have to be completely structured or set to exact times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No they don't work for us. We are a go with the flow family when comes to our babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didnt have a set routine untill things started to fall into place around 6mths. She was our first bub, we had no idea what we were doing! We are expecting the same amount of time for a routine to happen with our 2nd, maybe even longer. Who cares, really! all i know is that it DOES all eventually fall into place. Im so not stressing over getting into a routine this time. It happens when it does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didnt have a schedule but DS has figured out his own routine by about 4 weeks old which made things easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    demand fed till 12mths but bed routine started within 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Did you go have a set schedule for your baby?

As I breastfed I didn't feel comfortable with enforcing a routine until DD got herself down to 3 hourly feeds at around 2.5 months.
    I started by waking her up at the same time each day, then seeing what her pattern was. It was pretty much exactly what tizzy hall suggested for that age, except she didn't stay awake as long in the mornings as she suggested and I didn't keep her up.
    I think it was beneficial in the long run. DD is 13 months and wakes up at 7am on the dot every day which is lovely. She sleeps 12 hrs every night with a 2hr sleep during the day. She's a very happy and content kid.
    I am all for routines, as long as they are flexible and it's not to stressful on you or your child

Sent from my LT26i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD sort of fell into her own routine by 3 months. I've just reinforced it as it works really well for us. However when things change, if she's having on off day or wakes up early, I don't stress about it. She always falls back into routine eventually