+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If u want natural try aloe vera?? Maybe? It takes the itchy burn out of sunscreen and mosquito bites.

Otherwise maybe some Calamine lotion, or a pintarsol soap/bath??

I asked our gp about pinetarsol and he told me that nothing will work and he wont be feeling uncomfortable at all....just let time let it heal.

After hearing what other adults have had and felt, i feel horrible just sitting by!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Hand foot and mouth

Nothing helped the spots on my hands. Strepsils helped a little on my throat. Mine only lasted about a week though so hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A week! I have only had the lumps since last night but the sore throat since Tuesday. DD is happy enough though. I'm feeling pretty crap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think it's one of those things thats worse if you get it as an adult - most people are exposed to it in childhood but some of us lucky ones get it later! So there's probably a good chance your bub isn't as uncomfortable as you are. Hope it clears up quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I'm just whinging as I'm so uncomfortable and it hurts to do things due to my hands stinging. And I'm quarantined due to being contagious which doesn't help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this is the worst illness I have ever had DD is completely fine now but I am very sick. I only got like an hour's sleep last night due to being do itchy. And have blisters all over my feet and hands and can't do anything. Also have ulcers all around my mouth and spots on my face. DH had to stay home yesterday as it hurts to even pick up DD let alone change a nappy. Vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews

You poor thing. My mum caught it off my daughters a few years back and they got over it after 10-14days mum
    Had it for a month but only in her mouth. Really hope it settles soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh minnie you poor thing! I hope it passes quickly for you!

I can see DS's spots fading and slowly disappearing now, so we are on the mend now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I feel maybe 10% better today than yesterday so that's something I guess. DD (5 mo) has slept through the night for the past two nights so she's trying up help too

Thanks
    Reviews
    my son was diagnosed with this on Sunday night. Friday he had a fever on Friday that landed him in hospital for a few hours, but Panadol was the saviour in that situation. Saturday I noticed a bit of a rash on his hands but didn't think anything of it. That afternoon he started a break-out of nappy rash. Cream didn't do anything for it. Then Sunday, spots showed up everywhere! More each hour!

so anyway... I thought if i put some baby oil (i used Avon soothing baby oil) that might be nice overnight. That was last night (monday) today my son woke up and most of the red spots seem to have reached maturity (i.e. have grown and now have blisters. I am not sure, but I think this is a good thing as I may have shortened the time until he will recover. After last night i thought i would use it in his nappy area, and some have matured, but mostly it has cleared up! not completly, but it's a big start! so every nappy change he gets that area oiled up, and when changing clothes, after a shower etc, the rest of him is done. I am hoping also that this will prevent scaring (though i'm not sure he will scar at this young age anyway?