+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Emzluvbub *Blog 4* Mix...Loved it!

I've just finished Mix. Possibly my favourite one so far although I struggled with there being no verbal cues and did a fair bit o' freestylin

I'm still feeling cruddy but getting better and worked up a great sweat tonight.

It occurred to me as I was wobbling around my lounge that skinny people probably don't quite realise just how awkward exercising is when you're a fatty!

Here's an idea of what we deal with:

Chunka thighs rubbing together whilst trying to keep up with the gorgeous people on screen....not so easy lol

Even my Bingo wings are getting chafing

Due to a C-section I have a rather big 'overhang' which is quite possibly the worst part of my body these days. Nothing more embarrassing than slapping yourself with your own fat haha.

So we lumber around trying to look as nimble and agile as the toned beauties we are imitating and we end up looking like Drunk Granny at your cousins wedding. Not pretty.

So thank goodness Zumba really is so fun that you completely forget how stupid you probably look and just get on with the experience. Even in a class you realise that no one else is watching you because they're all trying just as hard to keep up!

I'm off to bed now, hopefully after that workout I'll sleep well!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emzluvbub View Post
    So we lumber around trying to look as nimble and agile as the toned beauties we are imitating
    We'll just fake it 'til we make it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am so with you on all of that. I hate the sound of my fat hitting my fat and I haven't even had a c/section to blame it on. I am so glad that the fun side of it outweighs all that by a million times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Hear hear on the difficulties! One of the things I hate the most is the stretch to the side where you put your hand over your head...my fat rolls make it hard for me to stretch too far lmao!

Is Mix just a combination of strength and cardio?

Thanks
    Reviews

Your post made me laugh! I am with you in the trying to keep up part. I just can't get my legs to shuffle that fast sometimes! Salsa travel and any of the knee twist moves are the ones I struggle with the most.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't they just put one token fatty in the back row to make us feel better, instead of all of these lithe little people?!?!?!?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Hear hear on the difficulties! One of the things I hate the most is the stretch to the side where you put your hand over your head...my fat rolls make it hard for me to stretch too far lmao!

Is Mix just a combination of strength and cardio?
    Mix is just a mix of different styles so each song has a different 'flavour' its really good.