+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Maternity bras or just bigger sizes?

So basically I need various bras in various sizes?! Lol
    Also, I get that you're not supposed to wear underwire bras, but what if you need the support? I'm heading into a 12e and I'm only 10 weeks.. surely I can wear underwire bras for a while yet??

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    So basically I need various bras in various sizes?! Lol
    Also, I get that you're not supposed to wear underwire bras, but what if you need the support? I'm heading into a 12e and I'm only 10 weeks.. surely I can wear underwire bras for a while yet??

plenty of soft cup bras (wire free) in E cups..with great support ...when you feel you are growing out of your normal bra ..it's time to invest in a good soft cup (get fitted) then around 32/34 weeks get fitted for a maternity bra..(so you have one ready to feed when baby arrives) ..still wear the soft cup up until you start BF..a good fitter will know how much space you need if your bra to allow for growth and milk coming in..dont buy to many feeding bras as your size will change a bit..maybe get 2..then a month after baby get fitted again (doesn't mean the soft cup bra and maternity bra you already purchased won't be used again..as size changes a lot)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    plenty of soft cup bras (wire free) in E cups..with great support ...when you feel you are growing out of your normal bra ..it's time to invest in a good soft cup (get fitted) then around 32/34 weeks get fitted for a maternity bra..(so you have one ready to feed when baby arrives) ..still wear the soft cup up until you start BF..a good fitter will know how much space you need if your bra to allow for growth and milk coming in..dont buy to many feeding bras as your size will change a bit..maybe get 2..then a month after baby get fitted again (doesn't mean the soft cup bra and maternity bra you already purchased won't be used again..as size changes a lot)
    Thanks maybelline, that makes plenty of sense! I just couldn't get my head around it lol I have an aah bra which I wear a bit and find it much more comfortable than underwire. I'll definitely be investing in some soft cup bras soon though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Maternity bras or just bigger sizes?

I went to Target the other night and got 2 normal bras in the next size up and 3 wire-free in the next size, all only $15 each. The breast-feeding ones are probably unnecessary at this early stage and mum said I'll more than likely go up another size when my milk comes in so I should wait for as long as I can before buying breastfeeding bras to avoid stocking up on them in the wrong size.
    Thanks for all of your input ladies, you made a confusing topic a little bit easier to understand :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    You should get bras without underwires as they can apparently block milk ducts
    I always wore underwires with no problems. I needed the support!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm heading towards a G cup this pregnancy (was a DD/E before having DD and an F after!), I wear underwire when not preg/BF and soft cup from start of 2nd trimester when I am (dont want to risk harming milk ducts and underwire isnt comfy anyway!). Sincerely hoping I don't stay any bigger than this after initial BFing settles!

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it's Cake, do a flexiwire maternity/feeding bra that I find comfy. Haven't had any blockage issues and it gives me a bit more lift and separate! I hate monoboob!

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha yes monoboob sucks! I'll have to look into that brand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mother care have good soft cup maternity ones. They aren't breastfeeding ones. Just nice and soft and not too $$. I bought a pack of two when I was 23 ish weeks. Just alternated between the two. I'm 36 weeks and they are still fitting and comfy. I'm not buying breastfeeding ones til I know what size I will actually be. A friend also recommends buying the singlets for breastfeeding. Just because they will be comfy in summer and if you are like me they are more modest etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louy View Post
    I think it's Cake, do a flexiwire maternity/feeding bra that I find comfy. Haven't had any blockage issues and it gives me a bit more lift and separate! I hate monoboob!
    Bendon also do flexiwire in their mother love range ... Only to DD I think .. Many good soft cup bras in very large sizes that give great support and comfort ..
    Freya is great for both preg and feeding bras fir the fuller figure .. Also Royce are great!!