+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Maternity bras or just bigger sizes?

So I'm in need of some new bras as my 24 week pregnant boobs are bulging out of my b-cup bras lol. Just wondering whether I should buy maternity bras (though I like slightly padded bras to give me a better shape and haven't seen any padded ones so far) or just normal bras in a bigger size?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Maternity bras or just bigger sizes?

Subscribing. I'm not quite 10 weeks but my DD's are too small

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have just been wearing breast feeding bras target has them for $30-$35, I have found that my b00bs don't get much bigger after my milk comes in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ooh just found these, not too expensive so they might do for now, especially if my boobs continue to grow and need to be replaced again towards the end: http://shop.target.com.au/padded-mat...style-im8936ph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Maternity bras or just bigger sizes?

Hey they look really comfy!!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

You should get bras without underwires as they can apparently block milk ducts

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    You should get bras without underwires as they can apparently block milk ducts
    Yeah I've read that, I don't need underwire but just don't want saggy boobs lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are planning to BF then it's worth getting some you can wear now. I found the shape of the Lovable ones quite nice, I don't fit the Target ones unfortunately so can't comment on what they're like.

Thanks
    Reviews

I second lovable! They have great shape and aren't too exxy. They are also a lot better quality than some of the other cheaper maternity bras I purchased earlier on (from kmart etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mid pregnancy I just got a few bigger sized normal bras. By end-pregnancy I needed bigger sizing again, so that's when I got my maternity ones. Depending how long you breastfeed for, I am soooooooooo sick of maternity bras, and cant wait to get some 'pretty' bras again. Or strapless ones to wear with my nice summer tops/dresses that have been collecting dust in the wardrobe for...(did I even wear them once???) But I am not giving up breastfeeding yet just because of the bras. So if you're like me, you may appreciate the ordinary ones for those few extra months. Plus it would save wear and tear on your maternity ones so they'll last longer when you actually are breastfeeding.
    And one last point, when my milk comes in I get HUGE. (Well, compared to what I am normally, lol). So I have some maternity ones with a bigger cup size for the initial few weeks/months. Regular breastfeeding cup size ones for when it's settled down. And then after six months or so when your body finally slims down a little, I didn't need the bigger actual size (ie around the ribs) anymore and could wear a smaller size. Think I'm rambling so, hope this helps!!