+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elismummy View Post
    I was lucky. I went straight back to what I was like a week after.
    Not a very helpful post but good for you.

I recommend seeing a physio, if you have a muscle separation that could be what is causing the pot belly (as was the case for me - barely any fat but my belly stuck out due to no core support and damaged muscle). There are special exercises that help, i find Pilates excellent and doing that my belly got back to pretty much flat - not sure how long it took though.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

bada  (15-03-2013),Ra Ra Superstar  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How did you lose your belly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bugs Mummy View Post
    I reckon too lol it took two years aftee bfing to get back to normal still have a loose tummy as loosr skin i am small frame and my last baby was over 10pound so it just nature unfortunately i regularly di sit ups crunch etc but nothing works:thumbdown:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub
    Well 2 babies under 2yrs didn't help! I'm not a gym fiend as I find my milk supply tanks if I exercise or break more than a light sweat. At this point my babies need the milk more than I need a flat tummy.
    Plus I'm lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I run, do crunches and leg lifts. The rest of me looks back to normal.

I might look at some pilates exercises.

Dancing? If I tried I'd break a leg, so unco

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you lose your belly?

As said above if you have diastasis recti then you need to work on repairing the separation. Crunches and twists are the worst things you can do as they will make it worse. You need to work the transverse muscle - the core - to help bring the recti together.

I bought the Lose Your Mummy Tummy DVD which uses the tupler technique. Only had it for a week but I'm hoping it'll work

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hollychops For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get rid of the potato chips, microwave dinners, and definitely put an end to those fast food fixes. The sodium, preservatives and sugars alone will help keep your belly looking bloated and defeat your efforts. Replace the junk food with whole, quality, organic foods that are packed with healthy nutrients, not preservatives. Then, work these three foods into your diet for maximum belly-fat burn.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Dancing? If I tried I'd break a leg, so unco
    ooh, I am the most unco and clumsy person ever, but I can dance! Give it a shot it is super fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 babies in 16 mths and now 5 mths post birth I still look about 4-5 months pregnant. It's so depressing!! I definitely have an abdominal separation and started working on the exercises to correct it but lost motivation after about 3 weeks. We should all form a support group to encourage each other I reckon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kristykristykristy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth35 View Post
    Get rid of the potato chips, microwave dinners, and definitely put an end to those fast food fixes. The sodium, preservatives and sugars alone will help keep your belly looking bloated and defeat your efforts. Replace the junk food with whole, quality, organic foods that are packed with healthy nutrients, not preservatives. Then, work these three foods into your diet for maximum belly-fat burn.
    That's a pretty big assumption to make. I don't remember reading that the op eats potato chips, microwave dinners or fast food!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-03-2013),αληθη  (15-03-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    That's a pretty big assumption to make. I don't remember reading that the op eats potato chips, microwave dinners or fast food!
    I think she's a troll, but yes agree.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive been walking to get rid of mine. trouble is i walked 2kms yesterday and ate cake and biscuits at mums :-/. thinking of doing lite and easy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub