+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My vagina isn't the same :(

I gave birth to my first son nearly three years ago and had a second degree tear. I looked down there with a mirror after a week and cried from the sight. The thread was hanging out, I was bruised, opened up, some of the muscle around the entrance was raggard. Thankfully over the years my vagina has regained some of it's muscle tone back and it looks a lot better now, but I have a scar from my tear and I'm wondering if this is normal. It is slightly deeper pink and kind of like a dint in my perineum, about 1cm wide and 1cm
    Or a little more longer. My partner doesn't care but I still occasionally feel upset
    And wish I had a csection. I'm not loose but not as tight as before and I'm wondering if this is normal for a vaginal birth? I am pregnant with my second and worried I will be more damaged after another baby comes out... Is this likely? Is it possible to maybe get the perineum sewed back so that there is no dint? Sorry for TMI I would just like to hear if this is normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had no tear, but midwife support perineum with a warm washer (i think)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: My vagina isn't the same :(

"normal" is different for everyone. For me, it was never the same. I think I've just grown used to the differences "down there" over the last 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Miah, it's no fun when you're not friends with your vj!
    My advice is just go with it til you're done having kids and then, yes you can have a perenioplasty to repair your opening. I had this done as part of a posterior repair for prolapse 4 months ago. I asked the surgeon not to make it too tight and I am very happy and confident again.
    After baby 1 I was that mum that everyone hates- i just snapped back immediately in every way, after baby 2 my vj was a mess (even though I did not tear with either birth I overstretched and it all started falling out!), so when my son was 2 I got it all fixed and feel like me again. xo