+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why is it called pro-choice when I don't want to make either choice!

So after a break in a condom and an ineffective MAP, I find myself pregnant with baby #4.

Our first child was unplanned, but termination never came across my mind. I was an unplanned bub myself, and I had a stable job and whilst young, the capacity for a massive life change.

Fast forward almost a decade later and our 3rd bub is 10 months old. Baby #3 had a rough start in NICU for a months and the entire pregnancy was stressful. I also feel at capacity. The night the breakage happened was the night before I went back to work. The worst timing ever.

There are many reasons termination is right for me, for us as a family - not just our financial situation, but my mental health - just the thought of going through another pregnancy right now freaks me out completely.

But I didn't want to put myself in this situation. If I win lotto, I know I'd be able to make mental and financial space for another cutie in our family.

No-one must actually ever want to be put in a position where they need to even make this choice. Damn, that's why I was using contraception!!

Anyway, I needed to vent. I've been avoiding the whole issue, and just needed to let it out.

Thanks Ladies for listening xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Why is it called pro-choice when I don't want to make either choice!

Hugs.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    not good

I hope you can make your decision soon and feel ok with it. What a difficult situation xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Why is it called pro-choice when I don't want to make either choice!

deleted.
    Last edited by MummaOJ; 31-10-2012 at 19:18.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs OP, I'm facing the same decision myself. I also am considering termination for my mental health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't want to find myself in that position where I had to make a choice either.

I mean, I was potentially in that place when I fell pregnant with DD, but was so opposed to the idea that it was never really a choice anyway... but now, if I fell pregnant right now... my head and heart would be pulling me all over the place and I have no idea which option I would choose. I think both would have the same level of positives and negatives... what a tough decision to make.

I hope you manage to make a choice that you feel is best. xx

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Its such a hard position to be in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support xxx

I've made two appointments, one with my own counsellor and one with a clinic. Let's see if I can make a choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope everything works out for you, it's good you are seeing two counselers, when I was trying to make such decisions the counseling I got was ridiculous, to the effect of " oh we'll you're here you must have made up your mind"....
    Just wanted to say that decisions made in fear and haste are always regretted, take your time and talk to as many counselers as you can, writing down things always clears my head.

Thanks
    Reviews

Such a had decision because you know if you continue with the pregnancy you'll love that little baby to pieces but then at the same time if you terminate you'll most likely still love the bubs that could have been but know you have made the right choice.

I would hate to have to make the decision now.
    I terminated a pregnancy when I had a 1 year old almost 7 years ago because I knew at that time I was not mentally ready for another and I knew I didn't want to be with the father for any longer than I had. And looking back I don't regret it.

Like you said when you had your first unplanned baby termination didn't cross your mind, just as it didn't cross my mind either and I think that's because we knew what we were doing.

Maybe your mind thinking of termination is your minds way of telling you the answer.