+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brazilian or g string wax??

When I had DS2 6 weeks ago, I was advised not wax or shave for at least 4 weeks prior to my due date. I just gave it a tidy up, not that I could see anyway lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I just left it as is because I didn't have time to get anything done with being in the hospital a lot. It didnt bother me after DD was born.

I've never had waxing done down there, it sounds scary lol.
    It is scary!! I had it done for the first time when I got married. Omg. I don't usually swear but I did!!!!
    I haven't gone for a while though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Brazilian or g string wax??

I am super nervous lol but so badly want to have it done! And I have to admit I have thought about the worst case scenario being I end up in labour!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by miraclemakers View Post
    I am super nervous lol but so badly want to have it done! And I have to admit I have thought about the worst case scenario being I end up in labour!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub
    Yeah I am nervous about it too. I doubt it can bring on labour though?!?! I hadn't really thought about that.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a brazilian done last pregnancy at 38 or 39 weeks I think. No issues having it done and glad I did. I'm 33 weeks now and will go about 34 weeks and again at 39 weeks. Planned cs this time but vaginal birth last time and people keep looking at your bits ( hospital midwife, drs, domiciliary midwife and maternal and child health nurse!!) Plus I had stitches last time so not sure if having full view helped them or not!! It was no more painful than going near your period.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks veggiemama. I'm starting to feel convinced.
    But what did everyone do about the discharge you get down there??? Mine is increasing (gross!!) I don't want to gross out the beauty therapist too much!!

Thanks
    Reviews

The lady who does my wax is pretty open. Said she has even had someone come in who was already in labour. With the discharge maybe use some baby wipes and get them to do your Brazil first up? I haven't got discharge yet so not sure.

Sent from my HTC One S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Most places i've been to hand you a baby wipe type thing (like an individually wrapped one!) to use as you're getting ready - and that's for people who aren't even pregnant! The lady i saw at 38 weeks also told me of seeing someone who was in early labour and demanded an appt on a really busy day and when she turned up, everyone in the waiting room was like 'oh, she can go first!!'. So she didn't blink at me being 38 weeks plus!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was really glad I had a brazilian before my DS came! I had a second degree tear and stitches and with all the normal after birth bleeding I was glad to be clean down there! In saying that I have them regularly (I did throughout my pregnancy too) and always feel gross if I let it grow too much. I didn't have a problem with the hair growing back and my stitches. I also had preterm labour (stopped at 32 weeks, DS was born 36 weeks) and an irritable uterus and the waxing didn't increase my contractions or anything. It did hurt a little more during pregnancy but it was totally worth it. And the beautician will understand about your discharge! Good luck, it'll be over before you know it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first ever wax of any sort at 20 weeks with this preg, and went the full brazilian. The beauty therapist was a bit surprised lol. Having had 2 kids before the wax really wasnt that bad.
    I've been having them 4-5 weekly since and am booked for my next appt at 39wks.
    Just do your research and go to someone who does lots of them, the more experience they have the better they are at doing it and the less pain it causes.
    I absolutely love the results and knowing that while i have no idea what is going on down there, at least its tidy.
    In terms of grossing out the beauty therapist, i suspect they've pretty much seen it all. Anyone who attends intimate waxing has to have a pretty easy going attitude, and they recognise that the more comfortable you feel, the easier the job will be, and the more likely you will be to come back.
    Good luck