+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help for a night time bark

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    The good news is that I pulled the house apart and FOUND the humidifier! Hopefully that helps a bit tonight!

Olive leaf extract- liquid or tablet form?
    I used liquid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Failing all the natural/homeopathic remedies some already mentioned in earlier posts, the BEST medicine I have ever used for a night time dry persistent cough is Ricodeine. I don't know how old your LO is, and I haven't had to use it with my kids (only DH and I) but it is amazing for those pesky, nightime dry coughs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Failing all the natural/homeopathic remedies some already mentioned in earlier posts, the BEST medicine I have ever used for a night time dry persistent cough is Ricodeine. I don't know how old your LO is, and I haven't had to use it with my kids (only DH and I) but it is amazing for those pesky, nightime dry coughs.
    Olive leaf extract is NOT homeopathic, just to clarify. I'd never recommend homeopathy to anyone, it's nothing but a rip off IMO.
    Ricodeine can only be used from the age of 4 and while I agree it can be very effective it can also cause problems like constipation etc due to the codeine content- I avoid it for that reason!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Codeine would be the reason ricodeine works. Cough mixtures do nothing. You would need to check if you could give it to your child though. Codeine is a strong medicine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Olive leaf extract is NOT homeopathic, just to clarify. I'd never recommend homeopathy to anyone, it's nothing but a rip off !
    It is a natural remedy though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found when my son had croup that Prospan helped its a natural cough mixture you can get from the chemist. Thankfully he didn't need steriods. We just slept in his room to keep a close on him. The seal barking sounds awful I know.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    It is a natural remedy though!!
    Yes, but not homeopathic. Olive leaf is a powerful antioxidant and quite good for you, with science to support its safety and studies being done to assess its further uses. Homeopathy is water. Big difference IMO so wanted to clarify.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was just pointing out that the op was saying both natural and homeopathic medicines/ therapies by using the /.
    She wasn't saying olive leaf was homeopathic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Atropos, Olive leaf extract is great stuff, and I don't understand why you felt the need to clarify it not being homeopathic.

I mentioned the word 'homeopathic' etc to just say to the OP, if all those *sorts of things* haven't worked for her to date, then here is my 'suggestion'.

Yes, Ricodeine does have codeine in it and like ALL medicines, parents should read the labels, consult with health practioners etc and see if it is suitable for their LO's. I don't know how old the OP's child is, so if they are under 4, then obviously it is not suitable. I was merely suggesting something that has worked for me, just like others have done.

Thanks
    Reviews

Atropos, Olive leaf extract is great stuff, and I don't understand why you felt the need to clarify it not being homeopathic.

I mentioned the word 'homeopathic' etc to just say to the OP, if all those *sorts of things* haven't worked for her to date, then here is my 'suggestion'.

Yes, Ricodeine does have codeine in it and like ALL medicines, parents should read the labels, consult with health practioners etc and see if it is suitable for their LO's. I don't know how old the OP's child is, so if they are under 4, then obviously it is not suitable. I was merely suggesting something that has worked for me, just like others have done.
    You said "failing all the natural/homeopathic remedies some already mentioned in earlier posts"...other than honey, olive leaf was the only natural remedy suggested. Nowhere in this thread has anyone actually suggested a homeopathic remedy, so I wanted to clarify that olive leaf is not homeopathic in case thats what you were referring to. I don't class natural remedies with proven health benefits in the same group as homeopathic remedies as homeopathic remedies have been proven time and again to have zero active ingredients and don't work. That's why I felt the need to clarify.