+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default NT Scan & bloods, not good

I just need a little hope here. My NT scan revealed a thick nuchal measurement and today I got the call about my blood results. There is a 1:2 risk of a chromosomal abnormality. I'm going to to have a CVS later today and i guess it takes about a week for the results. I am 39, my baby has a physical marker, and my bloods were not good. Its hard not to feel doomed by all of that and i am really dreading making "that" decision if it's the worst news. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NT Scan & bloods, not good

my gf at 40 had a1:2 of downs... Had the amnio and baby was perfectly normal..
    Hope you have a similar story. I have fx for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Minirz,

it sucks when you have that dreaded news. At my 12 week scan baby was diagnosed with fetal hydrops as well as 1:2 chance of DS. Because of the fetal hydrops the OB recommended an immediate termination. It was the most awful decision I have had to make.

We always talked about what would happen if we had a baby diagnosed with Downs or any other issue and we always said we would terminate. But when the crunch comes to it...its not an easy decision.

I hope that everything is okay but there are a lot of women here you have had medically required terminations or have gone on to have babies with DS so there will be a lot of support and advise for you if it comes to that.

and I wish you all the best

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: NT Scan & bloods, not good

Thinking of you & hope all goes well. It's a hard decision to make...hopefully one you won't need to make!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miniriz

First of all huge hugs! It can be scary when all doesn't go as expected.

About 12 weeks ago I had a 12 week scan and it wasn't a genetic abnormality they found but a neural tube defect called Encephaolcele. We were given a 0% chance of survival for our bub and had to make the decision to terminate.

I just remember the days surrounding it and the tests all the doctors we saw and being absolutely terrified. I really hope you get some very good news after the CVS and can continue on, but I just wanted to say be kind to yourself over the next few days and know that there are some wonderfully supportive women on here who will be here to talk if you need it. I have everything crossed for you that your bub will be just fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a CVS with DD1 so I understand the stress/worry you feel. 1 in 2 is high yes but just as high for bubs being healthy. Did they see any other markers or just the nuchal fold measurement and bloods ( was nasal bone seen?) As DD1 had thick measurement and bloods abnormal but she is 100% healthy. Your age also puts your risk up. I believe if I was older than 25 my risk would of been higher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The nose looks normal and the size is good, but after my scan, the Dr. told me go back in 2 weeks to check the heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had that also, i believe that it's routine to check the heart. That's awesome news that the nose & size look good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, Michelle_N. How painful. ((( Hugs)))

Thank you all for your support and for pointing out the right support pages-I never would have seen those.

Meanwhile, I'm still anxiously waiting for the phone call. I hope they call today...I can't imagine having to wait all weekend. I might lose it before then.