+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A little help with newborns routine

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    If you are keen on a schedule Tizzie Hall's Save our Sleep book is a great one! She says you can start getting a baby onto a schedule from 4 weeks. It is possible but not common.

There are different schools of thought about schedules in newborns, whether its good for supply if you are BF, whether babies get the nutrition they need etc.

It is up to you though if you choose to follow parent led parenting or child led parenting, you might find a mixture of both may work for you and your bub. Give different things a go and see what suits your family.
    SOS will not help you maintain your supply in the early days. Schedule feeding for bf newborns is detrimental to their nutrition and establishing bf.

Also the settling "conditions" in that book are not recommended for under 6mths.

If you are desperate for a routine - Jo ryans baby bliss is far better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    If you are keen on a schedule Tizzie Hall's Save our Sleep book is a great one! She says you can start getting a baby onto a schedule from 4 weeks. It is possible but not common.

There are different schools of thought about schedules in newborns, whether its good for supply if you are BF, whether babies get the nutrition they need etc.

It is up to you though if you choose to follow parent led parenting or child led parenting, you might find a mixture of both may work for you and your bub. Give different things a go and see what suits your family.
    SOS will not help you maintain your supply in the early days. Schedule feeding for bf newborns is detrimental to their nutrition and establishing bf.

Also the settling "conditions" in that book are not recommended for under 6mths.

If you are desperate for a routine - Jo ryans baby bliss is far better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks ladies, Im not after a routine as such it's more about what a typical day/routine consists of for a young bub. I wasn't sure how long she should be awake sleep etc at her age. My friend is doing the SOS routine with her 7 weeks old and though it seems to be working for her its not really my cup of tea.

My main concern is at the same time each night she really fights her sleep and I think I'm trying to work out what's causing it. I bathed her earlier tonight to see if that would make a difference but it just made he unsettledness an hour earlier. I really don't know what's causing it but it can take between 1hr to 2.5 hrs to settle her and get her off to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: A little help with newborns routine

Unfortunately its probably just her witching hour...there is no cause....there is no cure! Its horrendous but she will grow out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! I have a 3 week old and he is my first too. It's all a bit daunting isn't it and you only hope you are doing things "right". Just remember that there is no such thing as a right way or wrong way... only what works for you.
    I think it's fantastic that your LO has settled into a night time routine so definitely don't beat yourself up about the messy day time. What works for me is feed, play, sleep. Just remember that fussing is not necessarily a cue for more feeding. Give your LO a nice long feed, then have some tummy time, massage, read some books together. I find that my little one gets really cranky if I keep him awake too long (longer than 1.5-2 hours) and then i start to really struggle settling him again.
    Follow her lead and just go with it. You're doing an amazing job

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing