+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    You know if you were comfortable with it, I'm sure one of his carers at daycare would be happy to babysit for you. It makes for an expensive night out, but might be something to think about.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I didn't even think of that - do you just pay them their usual hourly rate? He has some lovely carers at daycare.

My sister is visiting in a few weeks so we will probably leave her with DS and have our first dinner out in nearly 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

MIL has DD for a few hours once a week but that's just me getting time while DH is at work. I'm usually so busy getting stuff done, its not really a luxury thing.

My Mum has DD once a week-fortnight overnight.

I can also get time when I need it from either my Mum, MIL and NIL to go to appointments and things like that.

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews

The kids go to their dads every other weekend, plus my mum has the kids for a sleepover every two or three months for a grandma night. I usually go out but it's exam time at Uni so that's my life these days

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    You know if you were comfortable with it, I'm sure one of his carers at daycare would be happy to babysit for you. It makes for an expensive night out, but might be something to think about.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I asked at daycare a while back because I was really stuck for an exam, but the company actually stated in their contract the staff cannot care for the kids outside of centre hours as a cash in hand position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

All our family is really close by and dd has only slept over my sisters and that was for our wedding night. If we can't take dd to events we don't go. In saying that we both agree we need a date night, 21 months is a long time (prob longer) Inbetween dates lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only when our family are visiting from overseas for 12 weeks a year ( approx 4/5 times when theyre here) as we are not comfortable leaving DS with a babysitter yet. Just after he's turned 3 in a couple of weeks we are going for a meal at a place that has a kids club ( next room to restaurant) will be leaving him there while we eat to see how we/he go on with someone else looking after him.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For the first three years we never went out, we didn't have anyone to watch them and like you OP I didn't want to hire a babysitter.

After three years I had come to really trust one particular friend, who really loves the girls, so now 3-4 times a year we go out for 2-3 hours on a saturday night. She would do it more often but we're on a budget and I don't want to impose on her.

Oh and last year when we took the kids to my home country, we had one night away together, that was absolute bliss!!!

Things change OP, people come into your lives that can fill empty spaces, in the meantime just make the most of what you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

Since katelyn was born? Twice and once was just to get icecream. Both times at least one child was asleep before we left.

When jasper was 2-3 years (before katelyn was born) mum was having jasper every 3 weeks or so overnight... we didn't always go out and I was pregnant most of that time so often it was just an opportunity to sleep through (jasper still woke multiple times a night) but I'd go out about every 6 weeks or so?

Probably once katelyn is 1 year or so she might go for sleep overs with her brother at grandmas too every month or so. I'd wait for mum to offer though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A few times a year DS will have a sleepover at my parents house, they all have a great time. Apart from that, I'll sometimes visit my mum and realise that I need to duck out to the shops so I'll just leave him there, or a friend wants to catch up for a coffee so again I'll leave him at my parents house. At his age, it's really no biggie because he's in school anyway and my DP works only a few blocks away from me so we catch up child-free all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

BUT before jasper was 2 years we lived away from family we did not have much time without jasper as in-laws lived over an hour away. They had him on three occasions. Once so we could go to a wedding and two new years.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub