+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

Rarely. If I am childfree I usually work and do overtime. I went out a few weeks ago and had a blast. Going out with a girl from work this coming Saturday pending on her family as her dad is quite sick but if not this Saturday night, we have another night planned for 3wks time.

I have decided over the last few weeks that I need to take some time out for myself and get out into the world so have to say no to work more often when I am chikdfree.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

I go out pretty often, once a week at least.

It is their Dad looking after them though, not a babysitter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum is usually pretty happy to have ds overnight and I do go out with without him sometimes. Like this weekend I have a wedding to go to, no kids are invited. I usually socialize with people with kids though. But I think it's healthy for me to have time out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe once every one or two months?

We have family within a 30 minute radius, but none are willing to come watch them here, we have to take them there, which means going out, driving out to the sticks, waking them up and bringing them home (they won't have them overnight). So it's just not fair on them, or enjoyable for us really.

BUT, we have 2 nephews (16 and 17) who are the eldest of 9 moving over next month and they reckon they are moving in with us, so we will hopefully have live in babysitters. I plan to take full advantage and enjoy going out with DH for a change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe 4 times a year IF we're lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews

Probably once every two months or so. We have my parents and hubby's parents five minutes from us but we only ever leave her overnight for special events like weddings etc. We are homebodies most of the time as DH works long hours and I work as well so we like to spend as much time together as a family as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS is 11 months old and we've left him seven times - to go out to lunch or dinner or a movie. We've never left him overnight - my BIL has offered to take him overnight but up until only a month ago DS was still waking at night for a feed, and I didn't want BIL to have to worry about that.

We've left him a lot less than I thought we would, but I don't like to ask people and our parents don't live near us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 21 months and he's never been babysat/ stayed overnight. DH and I have never been out to an event/ dinner just the two of us since he was born, but we did go to our 12 week scan and the movies the other week when DS was at daycare and DH took a sneaky day off!

My parents are interstate, but if they were closer I would quite happily have left DS for a sleepover by now! MIL & FIL are close, but we don't let them babysit. It's quite frustrating having family so close, but not being able to have them spend one-on-one time with DS, but sometimes that's just the way things are.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    DS is 21 months and he's never been babysat/ stayed overnight. DH and I have never been out to an event/ dinner just the two of us since he was born, but we did go to our 12 week scan and the movies the other week when DS was at daycare and DH took a sneaky day off!

My parents are interstate, but if they were closer I would quite happily have left DS for a sleepover by now! MIL & FIL are close, but we don't let them babysit. It's quite frustrating having family so close, but not being able to have them spend one-on-one time with DS, but sometimes that's just the way things are.
    You know if you were comfortable with it, I'm sure one of his carers at daycare would be happy to babysit for you. It makes for an expensive night out, but might be something to think about.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmm probably twice in nearly 5 years, but thats ok, neither of us want to go out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast