+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

Ciaomamma, does this cause any issues at all? I have 10 weeks to go and MIL mentions having her but I am not totally comfortable with it due to her living circumstances, health and general lack of boundaries!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Rarely. Like under 10 times in 18 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually once a month but now we have moved closer to my dad and sister maybe a bit more often.
    Ds is happy to stay with my dad or sister or my ILs.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    2 times in 6.5 years once was for a wedding we only stayed til 9pm the second was for a concert

Thanks
    Reviews
    We lived WITH my mum for the first 15 months, and for the last 4 she visits every few weeks. We left him twice. Once was for 12hrs as we had to do a rush trip in the car somewhere and back in the day to pick something important up, and it wouldnt have been fair for him to be restrained for that long, and then once for us to see a movie - in the middle of the day - over his sleep time.

I know we all need a break etc, but my feelings are he is my child, my responsibility. I feel guilty running to the supermarket without him. I never leave him - even with daddy, and he has never spent a night away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 3 or 4 times since she was born, shes 2 next week

Thanks
    Reviews

Only for important events eg: wedding I would leave my kids some where else. My oldest is 5 and none of my kids have even had a sleep over at an aunty or our parents place... I believe that it was our choice to have kids and we are to raise and take care of them not our relatives. Our parents have had there time in raising us, they don't need to do it again! When i was a kid I never was shifted off to some elses place and won't do that to my kids just to have a quite dinner. If I wanted that lifestyle I wouldn't of has my kids

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default how often do you go out and leave the kids with someone?

We don't go out together without dd very often... Usually if we get a night free we slack off at home doing nothing. This happens a few times a year... Not often.

DP is mostly a homebody and while I am too he's a bigger one than I am so if I want to go somewhere I can ask him to have her so I can go out. Sometimes I will ask mum to have her instead so he can have an evening to himself.

Mum lives about 1.5hrs drive away. I don't have her stay with anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I never use to...never ever ever..for years!!!!!! But now I'm happy to announce that my and dh can go out and have a coffee or dinner or movie (when he's home...he works away) anytime we like as I have a 15 year old daughter who is happy to watch the kids!! My own live in babysitter - it's awesome! It was a long time coming but it finally happened. It will happen for you too...but it's the waiting part that's the hardest but it's worth it in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I've been out 3 times all up since having ds1, 8 years ago.
    I haven't been out at all since having ds2, 5 years ago.
    It sucks but it's just the way it is. I don't have any family or friends or anyone i could leave the kids with so i could go out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub