+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DONOR SPERM Questions?!?! HELP!

Hi Everyone!

We had our first appointment at Fertility First last week! Very exciting to begin the process!

I have on question which i hope someone can help me with.

So we have been told Donor Sperm is $980.00 - now just wondering how many like tubes/virals do we get in paying this price? As for IUDI we need two tubes for this procedure.

Please help! Any other advice would be great!!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Usually 1, but may be different with your clinic. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

You would need to confirm with your clinic - but we paid $950 for one vile in qld.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We paid $980 for sperm for our IUDI at Fertility First. As far as I could tell, it was one straw worth. None of it is claimable on Medicare.

One straw of washed sperm is the equivalent of 2 straws of unwashed sperm though. Difference is for IUI you use that straw straight up, whereas for IVF/ICSI one straw can last for ages!

ETA: Thought I'd add that for our IUDI we paid a total of $2680.00. Only drugs I had were the Ovidrel trigger and 15 days of Crinone for progesterone support. Not sure if the cost is the same or more if you're also on injections like gonal-f.

Thanks
    Reviews
    rainbow road: glad to meet another person from FF with Dr Clarke.

So did you only need the one "straw" for IUDI? We are just trying to work out cost.

How did you find the whole process?

Thanks so much for your help :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yep just the one straw. Something like 12 million sperm though!!

I've been really happy with FF. the nurses are lovely and Dr Clark is really friendly and professional.

We did a natural cycle as I have a lot of eggs and was at risk of over stimulating so I had very little monitoring (which was a bit frustrating as it meant I had to do a lot of OPKs myself) but it worked out in the end, I got a positive OPK at home, did my trigger and had the insemination 24 hrs later.

I think if I have to do another cycle I will ask for more monitoring by way of scans and BTs, but mostly for my own peace of mind.

What stage are you at? Have you gotten your donor list and such?

Thanks
    Reviews

Our bill break down was $1700 for ovulation monitoring (incl. my trigger shot and 15 days of progesterone support) and $980 for the Sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi :-)

Yes we have been given our donor list and have picked 2, but need to pick a 3rd. We have our appoint,net next Tuesday to look over all test results, then AF is due week later so hoping to use that cycle :-)

Yea I would like the extra monitoring in the means of BT's and scans for sure, more peace of mind for sure!

When i had the internal ultrasound and tubal patency last week on Day 10, they said I had 14 follicles in each ovary, is that good?

Glad I have someone to chat to during this whole process.

How is your TWW going?

I'm just so excited about everything started, however nervous that AF won't arrive! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Depends on whether you will want more children in the future using the same donor... Sometimes easier to buy it now and store it, just incase it's not available later (if you want it)...

Thanks
    Reviews

Be mindful that the donor list might change we got our first choice though!

14 follies on each ovary is great! I had 16 on 1 and 18 on the other, Dr Anne said I had a pattern of polycystic ovaries but NOT pcos - just a lot of eggs! You'll probably get told similar! Only problem is you probably won't be able to do a stim cycle as you'll be higher risk of multiples or ovarian stimulation syndrome!!!