+ Reply to Thread

Default recommendations of OB in St John of God, Subiaco in Perth?

HI ladies. I am brand new to the bub so sorry if I get somehting wrong.

I just moved to Perth and within 1.5 months got a BFP, I'm at 5 weeks, 1 day. Its early but still need to locate an OB. I've heard that St John of God hospital, Subiaco is a good place to have your baby and its close, plus it deals directly with my private health insurance. But Does anyone have recommendations of good OB who deliver there?

Or which OB to avoid?

Any advice is thoroughly appreciated as I know very little being new to the area. Finding it all a bit overwhelming in fact.

Super thanks!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I went with Melissa O'Neill and she was fantastic. Really supportive, open to all birth options - I didn't feel pressured into anything which I know a lot of people complain about going private, I found she listened to all my questions no matter how stupid or random they were, she was fantastic after bubs was born too, checked in on us every day.

I also found her fees to be really reasonable to, the ultrasound place she referred us to were amazing also, she was quick to call back with results etc.

I've also lost two babies since DD was born and Melissa made sure to call me even though I technically wasn't even in her care yet.

I'll definitely be going back when we eventually fall pregnant with #2!

Good luck!!