+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Breastfeeding - beautiful letter from newborn to mum

I probably can't have a full understanding and so I'm trying to be cautious. I can't imagine really

Katelyn is a pita to feed but being a very seasoned breast feeder I

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Breastfeeding - beautiful letter from newborn to mum

Breastfeeding is bloody hard work, it can instil feelings of insecurity and embarrassment in public, it means sitting for hours on end, sometimes (often) starving yourself because you can't leave the baby to make food, sometimes having spew in your hair and on your clothes but unable to shower coz bubs needs you, leaving the house a pig mess even though you really need to wash baby's clothes because there are almost no clean ones left.. Breastfeeding mums can't give dad or anyone else the bottle to feed bub whilst she just tidies up or eats or showers - even though sometimes I would really love to do that!

Formula feeding mums may feel guilt but breastfeeding is not all sunshine and rainbows either and we all do the best we can given our own circumstances! I'm so sick of seeing anything about breastfeeding getting torn apart. Whatever your choice to feed your baby, that's what you had to do based on what YOUR baby needed so accept that you have done your best for your child and let others that may be having a hard time feel a little bit better too.
    Last edited by Sarelou; 04-11-2012 at 10:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with girl x, there should be a celebrate bottle feeding section. I don't enter the formula feeding boards so wasn't aware there isn't one. Perhaps a mod can help out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Boobycino - Years ago, when I first saw your user name and profile pic (of you feeding), my first thought was that you were going to be very anti-FF and very judgmental toward those who did. That's never been the case. You've always been very passionately pro-BF, but still kind and understanding toward those who (for whatever reason) FF. So I just wanted to say thank you

I think that those who FF can often (on BH) feel defensive. Not, as is often suggested, because we feel 'guilty' about it, but because time and time again on here it seems that people demonise formula, don't believe someone when they say they couldn't feed, or patronise us ('you just needed more education/ support').

I have to confess that when I first saw the letter, my thoughts were a bit negative. I didn't post, as I could see why people would like the letter too, and I actually think it's quite sweet. However, I did have a bit of a kneejerk "Ugh. Another one of 'those' things" reaction.

But I don't think that reaction really belongs in here, in this thread. I can understand why it would make people feel bad, or why it might annoy some people. BUT it's posted in the breastfeeding section, and I can also see why it would make a lot of people feel good about it. So here is the right section for that letter, and I don't really think here is the right section for the negativity towards that (much as I do understand that negativity).

I think what we really need is a 'celebrate bottlefeeding' section, just as there is one for breastfeeding. I asked a mod if we could have one some time ago, but never got a reply. To my mind THAT would be the section where we post all the things we love about bottlefeeding, and all the positive things about it.

Anyway, just my two cents...
    Very, very well put

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

This thread needs to be moved also, it's not in the right section

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    i think its good for highlighting the issues of bf like constant eating etc i just dont like the regerences like 'cold hard plastic' and that kind of thing. Its more emotional as opposed to factual for me. cold hard plastic is the only way i could give ds breastmilk and now i feel like i may as well just switch to ff anyway seeing as i wouldnt be able to get the same bond as him being attatched to my nipple

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Puppyguts the 'cold hard plastic' was in reference to a pump for mum, and how it's hard for mums to pump, not about a bottle for bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I didn't post, as I could see why people would like the letter too, and I actually think it's quite sweet. However, I did have a bit of a kneejerk "Ugh. Another one of 'those' things" reaction.

But I don't think that reaction really belongs in here, in this thread. I can understand why it would make people feel bad, or why it might annoy some people. BUT it's posted in the breastfeeding section

I think what we really need is a 'celebrate bottlefeeding' section, just as there is one for breastfeeding. I asked a mod if we could have one some time ago, but never got a reply. To my mind THAT would be the section where we post all the things we love about bottlefeeding, and all the positive things about it.
    I agree with everything you said especially about boobycino, you aleays remain pro-bf but always balanced in your views.

I just want to mention this isn't in the breastfeeding section, it's the pregnancy and birth general chat.

If it was I would not have posted my two messages, I only did as I wanted first time mums who were reading through the pregnancy and birth chat to see both sides of the coin.

I'm not into trawling the breastfeeding section to bag it or give ff the thumbs up (i find that rude and offensive) but as it's a general area I don't personally see a problem and I mean no offense to the OP or others who liked the letter. As I said I didn't do it to start a debate, it was to try and give a balanced view in a general area.

Oh and I don't think they will be allowed to put a celebrate ff forum area (though there is the general ff one) or if they do it will probably need the Breat is Best disclaimer the formula company websites need. But if this isn't the case, yes it would be great to have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Naw thanks girl X. Your not the first person to say that they were surprised that I'm not anti-FF. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

What a beautiful letter

I do not yet have a beautiful bub, but this has given me a nice perspective on BF. I know it's not easy and who knows if I can do it but putting a positive spin on something that seems natural and easy (but often isn't!) gives me a bit more info to be prepared for what I face.

Thankyou op for sharing this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    I agree with everything you said especially about boobycino, you aleays remain pro-bf but always balanced in your views.

I just want to mention this isn't in the breastfeeding section, it's the pregnancy and birth general chat.

If it was I would not have posted my two messages, I only did as I wanted first time mums who were reading through the pregnancy and birth chat to see both sides of the coin.

I'm not into trawling the breastfeeding section to bag it or give ff the thumbs up (i find that rude and offensive) but as it's a general area I don't personally see a problem and I mean no offense to the OP or others who liked the letter. As I said I didn't do it to start a debate, it was to try and give a balanced view in a general area.

Oh and I don't think they will be allowed to put a celebrate ff forum area (though there is the general ff one) or if they do it will probably need the Breat is Best disclaimer the formula company websites need. But if this isn't the case, yes it would be great to have.
    Sorry, I thought this was in the BF section.

I think there's nothing wrong with 'celebrate bottlefeeding' though, is there? Bottles can even contain EBM

And I would disagree heavily with formula feeding mummies not being 'allowed' to celebrate.

Hey, there's a non vax section on here, when the government message is to vaccinate!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub