+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Breastfeeding - beautiful letter from newborn to mum

That's cute.
    My ds is 2 1/2 now and breast feeding wasn't easy, it took alot od work and pain and tears to get the hang of,
    He's now in the process of gradually stopping, some days he asks to nurse in the morning others not, I know he'll just not ask one day and that'll be the end.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    That is really sweet and I read that before I had my DD. I read all the books and saw all of the videos and everything makes it seem like BF will happen straight away, the baby latches on easily and it is joyful to bond with your baby as soon as its born and every time you feed him/her

Unfortunately it wasn't that simple for me, it wasn't at all pleasant for me and I had PND from weeks of torment trying so hard for her to latch on and feed well and it never happened.

I don't mean to sound too negative about it all, but I just wish when I was pregnant, that someone would have told me its possible BF won't necessarily be easy, comfortable, effective, or come naturally for some babies and that it could be weeks and months of struggling.

So I'm being that someone to pregnant ladies who may not understand this, just to prepare yourself that it can be an extremely difficult and taxing thing and it's not the end of the world if you try and it doesn't work for you and your bub.

PS I did manage to BF for 13 weeks, I did my best!
    I had a few friends who had babies shortly before me, pretty much every one of them had some issue with bf and a few couldn't keep it up. So when I was asked if I was going to bf I always said "I hope to" as I knew it wasn't guaranteed. Fortunately I didn't have too much of a struggle with it, but it still didn't come automatically!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    JUst more propaganda.
    Lol propaganda?

I know some people can't breast feed, I know some people choose to not breast feed. But a lot of people don't know what *normal* looks like. This is really informative and quite sweet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

i dont like it. I sat in hospital for 5 days struggling to get ds on my boob, constantly failing and i never got those warm fuzzies all i got was anxiety and worry. I have been home 4 days and stay up an extra hour after his feeds to pump and was feeling semi proud of myself for at least being able to give him breastmilk. now i feel like **** after reading that coz it seems its still not good enough

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    i dont like it. I sat in hospital for 5 days struggling to get ds on my boob, constantly failing and i never got those warm fuzzies all i got was anxiety and worry. I have been home 4 days and stay up an extra hour after his feeds to pump and was feeling semi proud of myself for at least being able to give him breastmilk. now i feel like **** after reading that coz it seems its still not good enough

dont feel bad. Expressing is damn hard work! Its great what you are doing. Baby gets snuggles whether u are bottle feeding or straight from the breast.

You are doing the best for your situation. Thats all any of us can do. I dont think the intention was to make those who have had issues feel bad ( im one of them )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I don't read it like that...

I read it's hard, confusing, exhausting, constant sucking, mixture of advice, baby crying heaps, maybe struggling to poop, baby having to suck for half an hour just to get a teaspoon of colostrum.

I dont read it as La-de-da it's easy and natural.

I read "it's hard but it's normal to be hard & it's worth it"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (04-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (03-11-2012),Msbecb  (04-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (04-11-2012),squirrelex  (03-11-2012),Trio  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding - beautiful letter from newborn to mum

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post

I take my hat off to any mum that pumps to give her bub BM. I'm exclusively BF and have tried pumping a few times. I have plenty of milk so it's easy to get enough but the sterilizing, storage and time... It's crazy. So don't feel bad. Feel immensely proud x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My sister couldn't BF my niece at all (she was born 7 weeks early and just couldn't figure out how to suck) and BF my nephew for about 3 months but was stressing herself out that he wasn't getting enough so moved over to formula. I understand the challenges but this letter reminded me to try and try and try, then if its not working for bub and I, formula is OK, but to trust yours and your babies instincts and try your hardest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought it was a sweet letter (made me a bit teary) and had useful info in it. I didn't read it as an 'anti-formula, you're a failure if you didn't breastfeeding' piece, just some things you might experience while breastfeeding (ie - it can be quite hard and confusing and tiring) and it is okay and some encouragement to keep going.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love that letter(have read it before) and love the leaky boob! She has a great fb page which is really helpful