+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SRC recovery shorts?

Hello,
    Ive got some abdominal separation happening with my 3rd bub and my midwife noticed it a few weeks ago. I want to get a pair of the src recovery shorts as they're are supposed to help. I'll also be seeing a physio. Has anybody used them and what did you think??
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Loved them! Got them second hand on eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes I used them recently after my c-sec. They were awesome!

I also bought mine second hand on eBay and resold them last week for only $20 less than what I paid for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great ill invest in a pair then, they even sound like a good investment. I'll take a look at eBay to. Thanks!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: SRC recovery shorts?

I don't know about the recovery shorts, but I have the pregnancy ones and they are great. I got them off ebay too, and would have bought new ones if I'd known a) how good they are and b) that they really don't seem to be made to last- mine are loosing their elastic and there's no way I'd be able to re-sell them. At the moment I'm having to wash them every day to get them back into shape- they are quite stretched by the end of the day.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    bought mine brand new last week, so waiting for the postie but i'm so so so glad i've ordered them. I have my older bro's wedding a week after due date so desperate to get the tummy down asap!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi just wondering where do you buy the pregnancy ones from and what brand are they!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was exploring buying one as well as I also had ab separation with the recent birth of my baby.

However, my physio handed over to me a tubi grip, she gave me a long stretch of it and i used it from bra line to hip, folding once so there are two layers. I wore it for a few weeks and now the separation has improved from 3 finger space to 1 finger space. She also says the tubi grip is firmer than the recovery shorts. One costs almost 200 while the other is FOC. And the tubi grip does it job well and easy to remove and put on, and very comfortable too.

In my opinion, if your separation is serious you may want to think about the shorts, but I did fine with a tubi grip.

Oh and my tummy has gone down to almost flat in less than 3 weeks. Bubs only 18 days old.

Also you need to get your physio to measure you so you dont get the wrong size cos I doubt you can do an exchange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Hey what did you ladies pay for them second hand? I really want to try a pair out before I part with $200!!

Thanks.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: SRC recovery shorts?

Neo, they are SRC pregnancy shorts and if you Google them you can find stockists near you. Some physios stock them and so do some hospitals, but i got second hand ones on ebay. Waterlily, they were around $80

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub