+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Palm Cove Holiday

Hi everyone,
    Hubby & I are thinking of taking a short break to North Queensland over the Easter Long weekend in 2013.
    Bub No 1 due to arrive late June, so we figure this will be the last chance we have for a holiday for just the 2 of us!
    Have been getting some quotes from Travel Agents etc, & read lots of reviews on Trip Adivor - but I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations or negative reviews of places to stay in Palm Cove?
    Or any advice in general - do we need to hire a car etc?

Thanks - I look forward to your responses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We are going back to Palm Cove in 2 days. This will be our third time there, we got married there last year

We hire a house through Northern Exposure, but all the resorts are fabulous.

If u want to get around to places like Port Douglas, then I'd recommend getting a hire car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    We are going back to Palm Cove in 2 days. This will be our third time there, we got married there last year

We hire a house through Northern Exposure, but all the resorts are fabulous.

If u want to get around to places like Port Douglas, then I'd recommend getting a hire car.
    Thank you. Not sure how much we will get up to for just 3 days. I'd say, beaching, pooling, eating & maybe a day trip - but I'm sure we could organise that thru the hotel.

We were thinking maybe Peppers? It looks quite good, lots of pools, spa in rooms etc. Hard to really know though as Trip Advisor has good & bad reviews - for all hotels. Often the bad reviews are one offs, but still - I thought I'd check it out with the bubhubbers!

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My best friends stayed at peppers last year for our wedding. Their apartment and facilities were amazing!! They would be a great choice!

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We stayed at the Novotel resort in Palm Cove.
    It was lovely.
    They have heaps of activities on site, esp for the kids, kids club etc.
    It was still quite central to place. It is half between Cairns central and Port Douglas.
    A day trip to Karanda (spelling??) was great. You take the old wooden train up the mountain, spend the day at the markets and village, then catch the sky rail down, or vise versa.
    There's horse riding and motor bile riding across the road from the resort.
    Walk to local cafes and the beach.
    There's also a crocodile farm up the road, and an ice cream farm.
    Shopping in town, walk around the marina.
    Plenty to do and see......
    Last edited by bambino; 30-10-2012 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

I live at cairns. Hubby and I spent the weekend at the reefhouse. Can't recommend it highly enough

Thanks
    Reviews

We went up to Palm Cove a year ago for a friend's wedding. We had our 1 year old DS with us so we stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment at Elysium apartments and we were really happy there, very comfortable and spacious apartments with a full kitchen if you want the option to prepare your own meals etc. If I didn't have a kid with me though I probably would've stayed at Sea Temple which is where friends of ours stayed and it looked really nice and lush! We also had a few meals at the Reefhouse which were awesome - seafood platter for dinner one night was one of the best I've ever had (and I've had quite a few!)

Hope you have a great holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews

We went to Palm Cove in August with our 22 month old. We stayed at the Peppers Resort and couldn't fault it. It was just beautiful. Our son has a genetic dietary condition called PKU - I rang the Executive Chef and told her about Dane and asked if she'd be prepared to prepare a couple of meals for him if I brought up his staple foods. She was amazing - cooked Dane's meal each night, even if we weren't dining at the restaurant and we were never charged for his meals.
    The pools are beautiful, although the main pool was closed three times during our ten day stay there because of weddings. Lagoon pool was fantastic for Dane and was about 5 meters from our apartment.
    It was a very emotional trip for us because we lost our five and a half year old daughter in May and this was just a time for us to get away. In hindsight it was WAY too soon for me to go on holiday - I cried nearly all day, every day. The staff knew our circumstances and were amazing. We'd go back without a doubt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    We went to Palm Cove in August with our 22 month old. We stayed at the Peppers Resort and couldn't fault it. It was just beautiful. Our son has a genetic dietary condition called PKU - I rang the Executive Chef and told her about Dane and asked if she'd be prepared to prepare a couple of meals for him if I brought up his staple foods. She was amazing - cooked Dane's meal each night, even if we weren't dining at the restaurant and we were never charged for his meals.
    The pools are beautiful, although the main pool was closed three times during our ten day stay there because of weddings. Lagoon pool was fantastic for Dane and was about 5 meters from our apartment.
    It was a very emotional trip for us because we lost our five and a half year old daughter in May and this was just a time for us to get away. In hindsight it was WAY too soon for me to go on holiday - I cried nearly all day, every day. The staff knew our circumstances and were amazing. We'd go back without a doubt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation re Peppers and I am so sorry to hear of your loss.