+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My delightful next door neighbour...

Im seriously fed up with her! To the point i hate going outside because all i hear is her yelling and swearing at her two little girls, everyday! I hate that my 20mth old hears it!
    I cant help but overhear why the girls (3&4yr olds) are being yelled at and it's rediculous: Today it was this: "Look at that...you dirtied MY concrete, now i have just another effing mess to clean up..."
    She refers to concrete as "HER'S"???
    And then this: "YOU CANT WAIT 2 SECONDS FOR ME CAN YOU?! YOU NEVER LISTEN, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!!..." She had that crying-screaming tone to her voice.
    After she has yelled at her kids, i then hear them both crying it's really sad.
    I know her husband has his own business and comes and goes as he likes each day. Randomly thru out the day (usually at dd nap time), i hear him on his drumset and guitar with music raging in the garage.
    On the days he actually does a full day at work, he's gone by 7am and home by 3pm....drumming till as late as 10pm.
    She is a SAHM and her girls go to kinder and daycare 2 days a week.
    I just dont get what all the yelling and swearing at the kids is for. I never hear him, it's always her.

She happened to notice i was pregnant again and asked when im due and do i know what i having ect. When i said im due at Christmas time she said "ohhh, bugger hay." Then i said we are expecting a boy. She said "dammmit!!!!" WTF?!
    She's a fair dinkum feral! correct me if im wrong!

Oh how i long for my own home with NO DELIGHTFUL NEIGHBOURS!!!! arghhh!!

Rant over

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Oh yes a farm I the middle of nowhere would be great with neighbors like that! I just have the dual run of the mill loud party having neighbor although she claims to be terrified of dogs I hate that she teases the dogs through the fence!

But sounds like your neighbor isn't coping with her kids it's very sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's sad, poor kids, not much you can do... Maybe let her know you can hear her maybe she'll be embarrassed and lower her voice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

It sounds like maybe her husband doesn't do much to help if he's here and there all day then on the drums until 10pm. If its annoying you it's probably more annoying for her as I assume she's closer to it.

That said I think it's probably legally fine for him to be making noise until then so probably little you can do there.

She might be at the end if her tether. They might not be doing things you can see or hear but they could still be behaving quite poorly...

I hate neighbours too. The kids on one side throw rubbish, toys, clothes, pot plants etc into our yard (but now we have dogs... So they'll get eaten rather than thrown back lol) and while they're not that noisy their neighbour on the other side BELLOWS and is forever screaming at her kid... She visits my neighbour until all hours and all we hear from our bed is her noisy nonsense talk. I'd really be happy if she lost her voice for a while... Or moved. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like she is having trouble coping with the demands of her two little ones. Maybe her DH is of little to no help to her and she feels overwhelmed and frustrated?

Still, it's not nice to overhear someone yelling at their kids, particularly swearing. I have to admit I would be annoyed at the husband drumming too, but it's his house and there's not much you can do.

Unfortunately though, we can't pick our neighbours. We've had our fair share of dud neighbours over the years (especially when we lived in an apartment in Sydney). Thankfully most of the bothersome ones seemed to only stick around for a short period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just wanted to add something i found disturbing that i heard come from my neighbour today, while i was in my backyard with DD....
    She said to her DD (all of 5yrs old) "Quick! get that rock and throw it at that cat over there...quick do it now!..." The daughter said "huh?!" Then my neighbour said "just pick up something and throw it at that stupid cat over there!...."
    For all i know it could have been a stray/fights with their cat or even could have been my cat .....but telling your 5yr old to do such an act? WTF?! What is wrong with this woman???
    I so badly wanted to pop my head over that fence and see if it was my cat or one i was familiar with and say something to her like "how bout you do ur own dirty work instead of your child".... but i just went inside feling disgusted......
    They then go inside and i hear her say in a high pitched baby tone "ohhhhh...there's our (name of their cat), your my baby arent ya goo goo ga ga...ect ect..."..... i honestly think she talks to her cat better than she does to her own children.
    Along with her filthy mouth towards her kids...im very much over it.
    We had visitors over for a bbq lunch over the weekend who had to hear her. I was so embarrassed. Our quests were shocked and we ended up going inside to finish our lunch.