+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post Mitcham v Waverley private and obs

Hi,
    We are just starting TTC, but I like to be organised!
    Does anyone have any feedback on either Waverley or Mitcham Private and the obs that work there?

I don't know where to even start in making a decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just gave birth in Waverley private. Only praises for the whole experience. Great midwives, lovely environment, great meals! Wanted to extend but it was so full. Highly recommended.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mitcham v Waverley private and obs

I have friends who have used both. MItcham is a lovely hospital, a couple of the OBs book out quickly though, so you need to get an appointment early.

Have you done tours through the hospitals? I found that walking through & getting a feel for the place was a good idea. They usually give you a list of OBs that work through the hospital also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had DS at Waverly in 2011. Ob was Dennis Price.

Happy with ob and hospital - no complaints

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Mitcham twice and both times our obs was Sophie Leong. And we would definitely go a third time. Sophie books out very quickly though, I had book an appointment as soon as the home pregnancy test came out positive, then went to the GP to get a referral.

Mitcham does not have any shared rooms. The food selection was great.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mitcham v Waverley private and obs

We went to Mitcham. Was excellent! Would totally recommend it! Staff were great, always felt comfortable there, food was tasty and location was nice and quiet. I would go back again this time if we hadn't moved cities! :0)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son at Waverley a month ago, ob was Dr Peter Yong who was awesome. The delivery midwives we're fantastic however after delivery was left in only a towel and wasn't looked at for 2 1/2 hours, ended up with hyperthermia and low blood sugar and was admitted to the special care nursery. I'm still really traumatised by it even though he is now fine, and am working out who Ied to complain to... I've heard great things about Mitcham but as with my experience it's hit and miss wherever you go regardless of their reputation.