+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd like to think I would forgive, but I don't think I could. The pain doesn't go away for me, and every time I'd look at him I'd picture her and want to puke.

I was cheated on by my ex several times. He has ruined me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it was the exact situation as that show .. I would not end the relationship especially as we have a child .. It's not worth the pain and heartache ...
    Relationships are awfully hard and **** happens .. But that's life .. If he cheated as in slept with someone else .. I would have to think about that ..
    I feel people end relationships far to easily and quickly ripping the family apart . We all make mistakes .. Some small . Some huge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I missed the episode so not sure of the exact situation. I think if it was a 1 off drunken night kiss that he told me about then I could probably forgive him but if he was totally sober and had had interatctions with this girl in the past then I would probably find it ridiculously hard to forgive or forget

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit I like the way she showed him she knew and was p!ssed at him. Remind me to take DH to the dodgems if he ever annoys me

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has kissed another when our marriage was going thru a rocky patch. He confessed, was remorseful and we've worked our way thru it and come out with a more honest and loving marriage than before

So for me a kiss would certainly not end my marriage, and since both DH and I tend be overly affectionate after a few drinks, we have "relaxed" our rules on quick drunken pashes. But we always kiss and tell and never deliberately try to make the other jealous. I think emotional infidelity is far worse than purely physical and would be much harder or impossible to forgive. Honest communication is the key to a great relationship, and lots of affection and appreciation of your partner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol I'm calm I'm just pointing out that everyone's bottom line for what they consider a deal breaker is different. For you it isn't, for others it is.
    Yes you are pointing out the obvious and I agree with you, everyone is different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I guess for some it isn't just a kiss, it's a betrayal and given your scenario the only reason he admitted it was bc he was busted. So I would consider it that he was only remorseful he was caught not sorry he kissed her.

Would I end the marriage? initially probably not. But I think all trust would be gone and it would eat at the relationship and it would probably inevitably end bc I would be checking up on him and second guessing his every move. So even if it was only a one time mistake, my lack of trust would drive the final nail in the coffin.
    I agree with you delirium. I would consider the person who was unfaithful and dishonest as being the ones who 'ended the marriage'. Not the person who decided they wouldn't put up with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Househusbands and cheating, would you forgive?

What Id that one kiss lead to more another day with a different person.
    As much as I would want to forgive I couldn't. It would always be in my
    Mind.
    You get married because you don't want to and won't be with anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Everyone is different. I could forgive a kiss, others couldn't/wouldn't. It doesn't make any one crazy, or naive or anything else.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the question and its just one if those 'where is your line drawn' kind of scenarios.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-06-2013),MissMuppet  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

It all depends on the scenario. If it was exactly like the show, no I wouldn't end it. They weren't in a good place, she's spending time with a cute Dr, he had a day from hell, felt unsupported and did something foolish after a few drinks. Not that any of that makes what he did OK, but I wouldn't end things over it in that situation. Especially as it wasn't planned. It just happened.

But if things were good at home and the husband was off kissing other women, I'd certainly be a lot angrier and a lot more hurt, so might have a break but would still want to work things out.