+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default any strategies for going through difficult times when pregnant?

Hi. I am 22 weeks pregnant. My most beloved dog who I have had for over a decade is very sick and might not pull through.
    I am beside myself and crying often etc. I know people have gone through much worse things and certainly not comparing the loss of a dog to other traumatic events that occur.
    I have taken today off work beacuse I am quite emotional. I am mainly concerned about the effects on my bub and wonder if others had any advise or coping mechanisms to help with the emotional side of this.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think as long as your keeping up a healthy diet you should let your self be an emotional wreck for a while, if you need to have a cry cry, if you need to scream and yell at the universe/god do it as its going to be better for both you and bubs in the long run to let it out then hold on to it. If you find yourself getting to worked up have a bath or shower..... i find emerging my self in water helps "wash away" stress and anxiety especially when losing a loved one (person or pet). Its what i did when my uncle past away (I was 12 weeks at the time and had only just told him a couple of days before he past).

hope this helps xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilPrincess27 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (29-10-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by LilPrincess27 View Post
    I think as long as your keeping up a healthy diet you should let your self be an emotional wreck for a while, if you need to have a cry cry, if you need to scream and yell at the universe/god do it as its going to be better for both you and bubs in the long run to let it out then hold on to it. If you find yourself getting to worked up have a bath or shower..... i find emerging my self in water helps "wash away" stress and anxiety especially when losing a loved one (person or pet). Its what i did when my uncle past away (I was 12 weeks at the time and had only just told him a couple of days before he past).

hope this helps xx
    Thank you for this wonderful advice with "washing away the stress". I am also pregnant and had an awful day and have been worrying with the effect on my pregnancy.

Sorry op I don't have anymore suggestions for you. But I will be taking this one on board right now while dd is watching playschool.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I agree with the pp: having a shower does help.

As long as you eat fine having a good cry and grieving your loss won't hurt bub. I lost a close relative when I was pregnant, had several good cries and bub was fine.

Hope your week improves xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (29-10-2012)