+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brazilian wax whilst pregnant

I'm just sick of shaving it grows back too fast and I like to be smooth. Does Brazilian waxing really hurt more during pregnancy ? I wonder if salons will be okay with waxing a pregnant woman?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been getting braz waxes for 10 years now and I don't think it hurts any more during pregnancy, but it's probably going to be in individual thing. TBH I find having my hair ripped out quite theraputic! I got waxed when preg with DS right up to 39 weeks, so I don't see why they wouldn't wax you when pregnant? If you get uncomfortable on your back just say so and they should be able to elevate you slightly or move positions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't bad at all and I was feeling emotional and tired on the day too. I would have been 36 weeks at the time.

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been getting them for years but found that for me, they did hurt more during pregnancy. Not unbearable, so I continued to have them up to about 3 weeks before I was due. The salon I went to had no problems with me being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    been doing it for years, had no probs in my last pregnancy and had one a week or so ago. Apart from the most recent one which hurt like hell, its been fine and no more pain than usual.
    I'm not going again before due date, doc will have to put up with a bit of hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wax on a monthly basis but stopped around 37 weeks because i was having a LOT of discharges all the time and i dont want to gross them out

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think it hurt more, but I found the wax didn't set properly, maybe because of higher body temp down there??

Thanks
    Reviews

I had Brazilians done through out my pregnancy... Didn't really find it any more painful than usual.

I'm also a beautician and have waxed heaps of pregnant women with no problem.... It can be more pain full than usual, which is due to hormone levels

Thanks
    Reviews

I had them done quite a bit and was fine, then got one done when pregnant and I have never experienced such pain (until labour lol). Turned me off for life.

I just got DH to help me shave right before my due date as it gets impossible after a while

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 12 weeks ATM and dreading my wax this week.. I found at 6 weeks it was fine, the one after that... Omg! Painful but worth it. Shaving will be near impossible in a few months for me carrying twins.