Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: how to choose between 2 people to marry and have children with.

Whichever one shaves his beard or fetches his sandwiches best.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (29-10-2012),Bulbasaur  (29-10-2012),delirium  (29-10-2012),Ellewood  (29-10-2012),lambjam  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is just another scenario that illustrates just how different people are.

While I personally would never seek to have children with a man I didn't outright love and want to spend a future with, I realise that other people look for other qualities when choosing a life partner.

One of the strongest marriages I have ever witnessed was not the product of love. They both had reached a point in life where they wanted children and a family and made the decision to follow that path together. The wife will outright say that she didn't love her husband on her wedding day, but she liked him a lot and had a lot of respect for him. She knew he would be a great father and would be able to provide the lifestyle she wanted. She now says she counts herself very, very lucky because she grew to love him a lot. Love for her was just a bonus, not a necessity. They are 20 years in to their marriage and from the outset seem sickeningly happy.

This idea seemed so foreign to me to begin with, but then I have another close friend who had an arranged marriage two years ago. I can tell you, she loves that man immensely. I realise that a lot of arranged marriages do not end like this, and have a lot more potentially goes on behind the scenes. But I am confident that is not the case in my friend's situation.

I give these examples only really to show that there is not one path for everyone, I guess. Each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do either of these women have a say, or does he just point at one and command she become his wife and bare his children because she fits his list?

Sounds interesting...

I would rather give advice to the women- if he needs to write a list about your temperament and ability to be obedient to his desires...run...

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (29-10-2012),Ellewood  (29-10-2012),shelle65  (29-10-2012),Stiflers Mom  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Hahahahahaha...I was going to say something about scrubbing the kitchen and rubbing his feet...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope they don't know...for their sake. It'd be funny if he chose one and she rejected him. But then what if he then chooses the other one...she'd be like second choice and she wouldn't even know. Actually it'd be funny if they both rejected him and neither of them saw HIM as marriage material.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Hahahahahaha...I was going to say something about scrubbing the kitchen and rubbing his feet...
    Fetching his pipe and slippers....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are some awfully presumptuous comments on this thread.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The one he met after he was already with the first one cause if he loved the first one he would never of fallen for the second, BUT if he is still not sure then neither tell the deperate fool to find someone that he isnt settling for if he has to choose and its hard neither are for him

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also i would be telling both women cause neither of them should be slumming it with him, he sounds like a creep

But yer if he has to marry one maybe the one that gives better h**D its as stupid as any other reason for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Bwahahaha. Don't forget the shower scene...