+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Zumba Diary- Week 2

Well, I am back from my weekend away, and I'm pleased to say that I think I did pretty well at behaving myself and my appetite! In fact, I don't know if it was the heat (although, even that departed by the Saturday afternoon) or just the good company, but my appetite waned quite a lot and I just lost a lot of interest in food.

Of course, I didn't really have the opportunity to Zumba (although I did a little bit watching Music Max in the apartment- check out Madonna's zumba moves in her Holiday video clip!) a lot, I did do a round on Friday morning before I left. I had good intentions of going for a walk along the beach, but I didn't even make it onto the sand (it was too far away from the bar! Joking, just joking! The late nights had me sleeping past my usual 5am wake time!)

So now I have to get back on the horse. I've got the laptop charging at the moment (I've discovered it's far easier taking the laptop with the Zumba DVD's into the second [unused] lounge with plenty of space than it is to do it on the big tv but with little dance space) so as soon as it's holding enough charge I may try a new DVD and see how I go

Wish me luck- I'm still tired enough to do something so totally crazy to hurt myself it's unreal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Have you tried Exhilarate or Ripped yet? Those are my recommendations!

As for your weekend away, as long as you ate relatively healthy and didn't go totally overboard on your time "off", that's the main thing. Just get right back into it today and you'll be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Your weekend away sounds so nice. Which Dvd did you end up doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Stuck it out with activate (now its late at night for me and I can't remember if that's the right name... Will edit if not!)

My weekend away was awesome... And we all agree we are on a reality hangover since coming home! How many times as mothers do we wave goodbye to our partners as they travel off on yet another weekend away with mates and we just suck it up? It was bliss to spend 2 nights with not only some of the most dedicated mothers I know, but also a bunch only inspirational and hilarious women. I think I lost at least a kg due to laughter (well, here's hoping anyway!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

LOL Nomsie! Laughter is good for losing weight! I'm glad to hear you had a great time, it's important to do things for yourself once in awhile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The week 2 hump. I knew it was coming. To be honest I thought it would be here sooner.

"Ugh, I'm so tired. More sleep won't hurt. I'll Zumba later." Yesterday, later morphed into not at all, and don't I feel guilty. I did try in the morning, but my back up dancers were intentionally making it difficult. And then when one attacked the other, I had to get between them and there was all sorts of strife. Dancing was put on hold for the day.. and never returned to. I got all of 10 minutes done, if that.

And now I feel so guilty!!!

Not to mention the fact that I had a blow-out food wise. It's the same old pattern. If something goes wrong, I internally freak out and punish myself with food. Yesterday it was a freddo frog (thanks MIL for bringing them into the house!), a chicken and leek pie and an ice cream. Not just once did I step out of line, but 3 times.

And to be completely honest with myself, I'm not surprised at all. I ALWAYS do this. I was even saying to myself 'do you want to be thinner?' Well, yes.. but I want this chocolate more right now. 'Do you want to win $5k?' Most definitely, it would help no end, but I've had a crap day anyway, I'll have this chicken & leek pie for tea. 'Do you want to be miserable for ever?' Of course not, and an ice cream will cheer me up as I eat it. (Of course I felt horrible as soon as it was gone.)

Back to work today, which means the new carer starts today. I haven't heard from her though, so hopefully she shows up, or my boss will blow his top. It's been a week since I've been at work. It also means I have more control of what I eat. I take food to work and I am limited to that food. Of course, as soon as I get home again I'm in trouble, but I'm usually ok.

I haven't Zumba'd again this morning due to hayfever being out of control (it's super windy outside, which stirs it up) and I won't be able to breathe. Hopefully the backup dancers will understand my need for it when I get home.
    Let's just hope today turns out to be a better day than yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Zumba Diary- Week 2

I sometimesthink it's our guilt over our indiscretions that does more damage than the food itself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I sometimesthink it's our guilt over our indiscretions that does more damage than the food itself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I agree, take it easy on yourself Nomsie.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Noms until you get into the swing of the food things, do you need the ice cream or chocolate in the house? If you do, is there flavours/types that everyone else likes but you wouldn't eat? That is what I do ... buy my family the treats that I don't like, then there is no temptation for me and they don't feel like they are missing out.

Have a great day today and here's hoping your back up dancers are supportive this afternoon!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (01-11-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I think Rary's got the right idea. Until you're further down the track, it's probably best to remove all temptation.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (01-11-2012)