+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I would pump whilst feeding/nursing the baby.

When dd2 was hospitalized and being fed through her nose my supply tanked horribly from stress. So I started taking motilium 3 times a day plus eating/drinking well. I was also pumping 2hrly round the clock. But always tried to pump with my baby in my arms or right next to me as I seemed to make more then. Also one fabulous PICU nurse would put bub on my chest every few hours to stimulate hormone production.

So have bub on one boob via SNS and pump the other if possible or straight after.
    Wow how did juggle pumping with bub in your arms?

i tried but couldn't. There the breast feeding pillow, the SNS, bub and pump. Just too hard for me. I do it before or after latching bub on. Time flies and before long it's next feed next pump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Needs understanding on milk production

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Wow how did juggle pumping with bub in your arms?

i tried but couldn't. There the breast feeding pillow, the SNS, bub and pump. Just too hard for me. I do it before or after latching bub on. Time flies and before long it's next feed next pump.
    The PICU nurses managed to drag a recliner into the area for me. I would sit on there with my shirt unbuttoned and they would then put dd2 plus all her wires and tubes on my chest or resting on a pillow and I would pump with the hand not holding bub. Then swap over. Repeat in 2hrs.

These were hospital grade pumps so only needed to hold the suction cup to my boob.

Even now if I need to express - I feed bub from one boob and pump the other. Rest bub on a pillow at boob level and that means my hands are free to attach pump on. Then hold pump with one hand and the other hand holds bub or massages pumping boob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What hold do you use for that? I use cradle hold or DS is on the breast feeding pillow propped really high up my waist but his lower body will be where the free boob is, I can't even place the breast shield over my breast. I pump after he nurse, to empty breasts as much as I can.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 01-11-2012 at 01:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to make lactation cookies today - if you were closer mum2two I'd bring you some (I'm on the Gold Coast). Good luck with the breast feeding - I'm hoping to bf too (bubs coming out on Monday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have baked tons of them but in no mood to eat and no time too. They still in my cupboard.

Missiemack, left boob hurts bad but I still feel letdown, think its engorged though not rock solid but so painful to massage. Am I to grit mt teeth and do that? Hard let bub nurse nipple is too painful even to use pump the shield hurts it bad at lowest setting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Needs understanding on milk production

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    I have baked tons of them but in no mood to eat and no time too. They still in my cupboard.

Missiemack, left boob hurts bad but I still feel letdown, think its engorged though not rock solid but so painful to massage. Am I to grit mt teeth and do that? Hard let bub nurse nipple is too painful even to use pump the shield hurts it bad at lowest setting!
    Try heat pack before massage. And don't forget to eat, you need to look after yourself too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bf DS1 for 6 months wo all these blocked ducts or milk blisters though my supply was low and I hardly latched him on.

With DS2, I latch him on very often, express too but I keep getting issues. My supply just increased and now left boob so sore. And he is only almost 3 weeks old.
    Think I have to see my GP later and hopefully find out what's wrong.

Discouraged. Exhausted. Hating bfg ATM.